World About to End: Walgreens has Better Product Descriptions than NewEgg and Fry's

Look at this:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod398313

Notice that it clearly states: “Made in Japan”

When was the last time any retailer, let alone a place like Walgreens (yes, Walgreens), actually gave you the kind of information you were really looking for, like the chipset used in the bridge of a PATA enclosure, or the country of manufacture for CD or DVD media?

The apocalypse is upon us.

But before that happens, I also want to note that these CD-Rs are on sale right now for $8.96 (maybe a little less) in-store. Buy a couple packs and use some filler, then reach in your pocket and throw this down:

thats nice but the disk you show are not in this weeks circular at my location, Their still listed at 14.99.
Thanks for the coupon though I’ll use it on something.

Maxell Recordable Media

$6.99
thru Oct 25
Add to Shopping List
• 3 pack 8mm
• 10 pack 90 minute or 12 pack 60 minute UR Audio Tapes
• 15 pack CD-R Data Discs

Edit :OK their are 3 stores close by I’ll go look for unadvertised sales …thanks again

[QUOTE=clsA;2146294]thats nice but the disk you show are not in this weeks circular at my location, Their still listed at 14.99.
Thanks for the coupon though I’ll use it on something.[/QUOTE]

What did I just tell you?! I don’t care what the circular says, I have verified the price in-store myself. Go to your local Walgreens and you will see that these are on sale. I don’t post unless I know what I’m talking about.

Now it could be that the price is regional, and only available in California, where I am, but we won’t know until more people actually get off their butt and go check. Throw the circular away, it’s useless for this deal. And make sure that if you don’t see a sale tag you do a price check to verify the price. Don’t just depend on what someone tells you.

Thanks neg!

CD-R 20 pack was $8.99
combine with 3x12 pepsi products and $1 filler
total after coupon and tax $16.78 with a $2 off your next purchase in hand from pepsi …slickdeal indeed …thanks

Repeat at store #2 and this time use the $2 coupon from the other store + the $5 web coupon on 2x20packs + a $2 filler

So altogether I ended up with 60 disc and cases
3x12 packs pepsi - and a bag of candy for around $32

My local store was $8.99/ea as well, so got two packs and 3 packs of Kraft’s mac-n-cheese with an instore coupon of $69/ea. Total came to be $16.40 after using both coupons. :slight_smile:

They are indeed TY, however, speed is supported depending on which drive to use. Though the package is listed as up to 32x, it can burn up to 48x.

BenQ Nexperia (DW1650): 24x
LiteOn MediaTek (iHAS120/DW200S): 32x
Samsung MediaTek (SHS223F): 32x
Pioneer NEC (DVR116): 40x
Optiarc NEC (AD7203S): 48x

Sam’s Club in Hawaii has been selling Maxell CD-R’s that are made in Japan for years now. :wink:

[QUOTE=DVD_ADDICT;2146379]Sam’s Club in Hawaii has been selling Maxell CD-R’s that are made in Japan for years now. ;)[/QUOTE]
Sam’s Club/WalMart no longer get new stock of made in Japan media from either Maxell or Sony; it’s all made in Taiwan [Maxell Pro CD-R is no longer sold/Maxell Music CD-R is made in Taiwan/Sony Music CD-R is made in Taiwan]. Any stock of MIJ media is probably old stock, and few members have had a chance of finding MIJ CD-R at WalMart/Sam’s. :wink:

That’s why all the fuss about this deal. :iagree:

I almost pulled the trigger on this deal, but I still have alot of the older Fuji TY.

[QUOTE=Albert;2146392]Sam’s Club/WalMart no longer get new stock of made in Japan media from either Maxell or Sony; it’s all made in Taiwan [Maxell Pro CD-R is no longer sold/Maxell Music CD-R is made in Taiwan/Sony Music CD-R is made in Taiwan]. Any stock of MIJ media is probably old stock, and few members have had a chance of finding MIJ CD-R at WalMart/Sam’s. :wink:

That’s why all the fuss about this deal. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Here in Hawaii we still have MIJ maxells! :bigsmile::wink:
Old stock or not we still have them. All other stores like walmart and kmart have made in taiwan cdr’s! :wink:

[QUOTE=DVD_ADDICT;2146445]Here in Hawaii we still have MIJ maxells! :bigsmile::wink:
Old stock or not we still have them. All other stores like walmart and kmart have made in taiwan cdr’s! ;)[/QUOTE]

I think we should have a CD Freaks trip to Hawaii as soon as possible! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DVD_ADDICT;2146379]Sam’s Club in Hawaii has been selling Maxell CD-R’s that are made in Japan for years now. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we know. They were sold at all Sam’s Club’s at one time, but not anymore. They completely disappeared from the mainland Sam’s a year or two ago, so enjoy.

Nice deal, & thank you for the coupon!

I FINALLY got to take advantage of it.

Hopefully there’s a sale on the Maxell 30-packs very soon, every store I visited, all MIJ. :slight_smile:

Price is now $7.99 with a dollar off coupon available in their coupon book or circular ($8.99-$1.00=$7.99).