Workaround for iHBS112-04 Opti drive control quality scan problem

For people having problems with getting their LiteOn iHBS112-04 to do disc quality scans using Opti Drive Control please try the work around that I’ve listed below.

Symptom: When you click start the scan starts up and stops at 6mb.

1. Start “Disc Quality Scan”.
  2. Wait until “Spin Up Drive” speed reaches 100%
  3. Once “Spin Up Drive” speed reaches 100%, click on “Speed” and select any speed. This should get the scan going.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Nice find kth.

Impressive thinking, respect.

I am still having problem with a message ( unable to read disc label ) it’s driving me crazy

New version of ODC new bugs, one solution that i have found is to insert the disc before you run ODC let windows do the reading and then start ODC, if all goes well you should see it only one.

Thank you very much ( vroom ), for once I thought that my iHBS 112 PL05 has a problem or I might bought an inferior drive.

[QUOTE=m_ghrimida;2651842]I am still having problem with a message ( unable to read disc label ) it’s driving me crazy[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. You can also click on “File” in the menu bar, then “options”, and uncheck “Read disc label automatically”. This worked for me.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2651914]I had the same problem. You can also click on “File” in the menu bar, then “options”, and uncheck “Read disc label automatically”. This worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, i didnt notice that there was this option.

You’re welcome, Vroom. I DO hope this works for everyone else, that was a pain having to close all those error windows :eek: :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=kth;2615177]1) Start “Disc Quality Scan”.
2) Wait until “Spin Up Drive” speed reaches 100%
3) Once “Spin Up Drive” speed reaches 100%, click on “Speed” and select any speed. This should get the scan going.[/QUOTE]

Hi!
Unfortunately not working above solution. :frowning:
I have a iHBS112 2 drive with PL05 firmware and Opti Drive Control 1.70

Sorry!
I did make a mistake somewhere. This trick working fine.
Thanks!

Thanks for the workaround!

thanks

Wow I’ve been looking all over the net how to resolve this issue. Confirmed working on iHBS312 as well.