Work together for Nero & Sonic

My OS is WinXP Pro and P3-733
Liteon451
Now using Nero 6316 and InCD4.1X
I want to know can It (Nero) work together with Sonic RecordNow Deluxe 6.5

Which Nero/Sonic is better for DVDR recording
Many my cheap DVDR+ is bad quality with Liteon451

There’s no absolute guarantee, but you’ll probably be OK installing the Sonic package as well, so long as you install only one of InCD and DLA (installing two packet writing programs is highly likely to finish with tears!).

David

Thanks David:
So it is ok to install Nero 6 and Sonic RecordNow deluex to work on same machine?

But only InCD or DLA on above config, is it?

It should be OK - if you’re unsure whether installing the Sonic package is going to install DLA, I’d uninstall InCD and reboot first. You can always reinstall InCD later.

Obviously, if you find that things don’t work as they should afterwards, you might have to uninstall one or other of the packages. That said, I gave a similar answer to someone before, and there was no reply saying that it hadn’t worked. There are also posts comparing Sonic and Nero - I can’t think that people are routinely uninstalling one to install the other.

David

Since you are using WinXP, it is a really good idea to use the System Restore facility. This is one of the really nice features in XP, as it allows you to restore the PC to a prior state.

Not all applications have a clean Uninstall script and leave registry entries and sometimes DLLs behind. System Restore will ensure that the system is restored to exactly the state it was at the time the Restore Point was taken. Note, however that the number of restore points that you can save depends on the amount of disk space that you have allocated to it. The space is configurable up to about 12% of total space (see Help for System Restore) on a per disk basis.

System Restore does not change user documents, so if there are configuration changes or what it considers are user documents in the installation directory, it will rename the directory and let you know so that you can deal with those manually.

System Restore is particularly useful when you have an unbootable system, caused by a driver issue (provided that you saved a Restore Point before installing the offending driver). You can usually boot up in Safe Mode (without most drivers), and restore to one of the previously saved states. Particularly useful if the Last Known Good facility fails due to a situation like… the system booted ok and just after loggon, it locked up :frowning:

When you use Windows Update it automagically invokes the saving of a Restore Point, but lots of application program installers don’t do this yet, so you have to do it manually before installing the application. :bigsmile:

To use it go to Start–>Help and Support, then click “System Restore”.

Not a substitute for Uninstall, but can rescue the system when a new installation decimates stability or functionality or if you just want to test an application and then wipe all vestiges of it from the system.

since original config is nero + incd 6316, 4.1x
when i install sonic recordnow, on the process it detect the present of Incd and ask me to remove it, i click cancel and install process stop and exit
but i find recordnow is runable, so i think the installation is stopped at DLA installation, is it?

Originally posted by bobochan
since original config is nero + incd 6316, 4.1x
when i install sonic recordnow, on the process it detect the present of Incd and ask me to remove it, i click cancel and install process stop and exit
but i find recordnow is runable, so i think the installation is stopped at DLA installation, is it?

That is quite possible. There is actually a master installer that executes individual program installers. If you look at the Control Panel–>Add / Remove Applications list you will see which components were installed. MyDVD, RecordNow, SimpleBackup and DLA are all separate installations. “Pinto2” has written a post describing how you find them on the CD and install them separately. I’m sure you would find it helpful.

Just as a comment on Windows XP’s System Restore.

I don’t disagree with anything in the earlier post - but if you’ve made several changes, it will back them all out. It’s useful if the change you made an hour or two before went wrong and can’t be backed out any other way, but beyond that, you may find using a restore point has unwanted side effects, as you can only remove changes in an “all or nothing” fashion.

At least you can undo the last restoration of a restore point.

David

@davidw

Yep. Your’e spot on.

Have to use the right tool for the job. Usually when you are playing with drivers, and things go bad, they do so pretty well immediately, but if you want to restore to a few days ago, as you say, watch out for what else gets undone… But its still better than the ultimate restore (reformat the disk and re-install the OS).

Finally, after installation, I using my cheap DVDR+ blank disc to backup data. But it only can select 1X, 2X & 4X (no 2.4X for DVDR+)

As for safefy, I select 2X and verify after burn finished

The result is very good compare to Nero 6316

It start up by using 32min and then adjust the time remaining to 26min

So my conclusion for using Sonic RecordNow instead of Nero when the disk quality is not good, and for sucessful recording, select low write speed 2X only (4X sometime shows write error and stop writing)

Also Sonic RecordNow 6.5 can work with Nero6316 & InCD4XXX (no DLA)

This is the attached for Nero

Remark for attached:
2 capture are different media, but both are no good with nero 6316 at 4X
write secussful but verify fail as very high pipo

For LiteOn451, I find it only work good for RICHO media but sometimes also show unstable on writed media as high rate of pipo