Work laptop

I am not sure there is anything that can be done, but I figure it can’t hurt to ask. I recently left my job where they required me to purchase a company laptop (Toshiba Portege M205-S810) which was set up on their network and I was given a limited account. Now that I am no longer with the company I took the computer with me but I still have restricted privileges and can’t install programs and everything. Is there a way to become the administrator and eliminate the other account? I wouldn’t mind resetting the whole thing but there is no cd drive or floppy drive (it has a port for external, but I dont have one). I tried contacting the IT at my old company but surprisingly they couldnt care less and wouldnt give me the time of day. I have Windows XP professional operating system, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your help.

Hi and Welcome!

I would ask Toshiba support for advice in order to get back to the factory preinstall, provided, you still own the recovery media.
If there is no recovery partition, then you need an external drive to reinstall Windows. I am not sure if any USB CD/DVD drive will work.

Michael

As [I]mciahel[/I] suggested; first, get an external CD/DVD USB burner.
Backup documents you like to save then kill current windoze installation and install a fresh copy of windoze (or a Linux distro).