Work in progress: New forum structure

vbimport

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that there will be some changes made to the forum structure. The main reason for this is to clean up older subforums that are not being used anymore, and to make the forums look nice and clean again :smiley:

I’ll update later with more information on these changes.

[QUOTE=BussyB;2538640]… and to make the forums look nice and clean again :D[/QUOTE] Does that mean that from now on, spammers will be required to post all their spam in a single dedicated forum? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe nice suggestion Drage but I’m not sure if they’d fall for it :bigsmile:

Made small progress today, but you can already see some changes.

Progress of today:

[ul]
[li]Ditched the “Starters” section and moved the newbie forum to the “Community” section.[/li][li]Renamed “Computer Hardware” section to “Hardware”[/li][li]Renamed “Solid State Drives (SSD) & Hard Drives” forum to " Solid State Drives (SSD), Hard Drives and NAS"[/li][li]Merged firmware forum with CD/DVD writers. Sticky firmware posts are still sticky in CD/DVD writers forum[/li][li]Ditched “Consumables” section and moved Blank media and Memory Cards/USB sticks forums to Hardware section[/li][li]Renamed Blank Media forum to Blank Optical Media[/li][/ul]

I’ll continue tomorrow with more renaming, merging and cleaning up :slight_smile:

Perhaps you should rename the MyCE styles. They aren’t still in Beta are they?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2538668]Perhaps you should rename the MyCE styles. They aren’t still in Beta are they?[/QUOTE]

Good one, I’ll see if the Beta label can be removed after the big overhaul

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2538644]Does that mean that from now on, spammers will be required to post all their spam in a single dedicated forum? :p[/QUOTE]

We can only wish for that to happen, life would be much easier;).

So, another wave of restructuring has hit the forums. These are the details, so you know where to find your favorite forums/threads & posts from now on:

[B]COMMUNITY[/B]

[ul]
[li]Merged “Online Retailers” with Bargain Basement
[/li][/ul]

[B]HARDWARE[/B]

[ul]
[li]Merged “External Enclosures” with CD/DVD writers
[/li][li]Merged “Optical Storage Technical Discussions” with CD/DVD writers
[/li][li]Moved “Disc printing & labeling” as subforum of CD/DVD writers
[/li][li]Merged Blank BD Media Tests with Blank [I]Optical [/I]Media
[/li][/ul]

[B]HIGH DEFINITION[/B] —> removed category section

[ul]
[li]Moved Blu-ray Hardware, Software, Media to new category “Home Entertainment”
[/li][li]Moved Televisions to new category “Home Entertainment”
[/li][li]Moved High Definition Content to new category “Home Entertainment”
[/li][li]Merged Getting started with HD with Blu-ray Hardware, Software, Media
[/li][/ul]

[B]MOVIES & MUSIC [/B] --> removed category section

[ul]
[li]Merged “Video Download & Rental Services” with News Headlines
[/li][li]Renamed “Music Downloads, File Sharing & Legal issues” to “Downloads & Methods” and moved to Software category
[/li][/ul]

[B]CONSUMER ELECTRONICS PRODUCTS[/B] --> renamed to: “HOME ENTERTAINMENT”

[ul]
[li]Merged Digital Cameras with Camcorders and renamed to “Photography and Home Movies”
[/li][li]Merged Mobile with MP3 players & portable devices and renamed to “MP3 players and mobile devices”
[/li][li]Merged all Standalone Players/Recorders subforums and renamed to "Streaming Media Players and Standalone Players/Recorders
[/li][li]Merged Satellite, Terrestrial, Cable with Televisions
[/li][/ul]

That’s it for today I’m afraid. The software section is still to be done in the next few days. I hope you like the changes :wink:

Finally, restructuring was completed today. Changes include:

[B]SOFTWARE[/B]

[ul]
[li]Merged Audio subforums with main Audio forum[/li][LIST]
[li]Audio DRM; Guides & Tutorials; Tunebite[/li][/ul]

[li]Merged Burning Software Subforums with main Burning Software Forum[/li][ul]
[li]Alcohol;Clone CD; FreeBSD,Linux Burning; VSO Software[/li][/ul]

[li]Merged Nero Linux subforum with Nero & InCD forum[/li]

[li]Merged Video Edit Software subforums with main Video Edit Software forum[/li][ul]

[li]Guides & Tutorials; ImToo Video Conversion[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]

Plus merging of some of the lesser used Movie Copy Software sub-forums with the main Movie Copy Software forum.

It’s far neater now BTW.

[B]Wombler[/B]

yep, looks good so far

[QUOTE=BussyB;2538640]Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that there will be some changes made to the forum structure. The main reason for this is to clean up older subforums that are not being used anymore, and to make the forums look nice and clean again :smiley:

I’ll update later with more information on these changes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks 4 all the HARD WORK [B]YOU[/B] are doing :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]Just dragging up a old post[/B] :o
All I want to know is WE [B]Developers[/B] at [B]MyCE[/B] will look into it …OR it Will [B]never Happen EVER[/B] . or not in your life time :bigsmile:

:bow:

[I]i cant help being a woman we never let thing rest [/I]
[I][/I]

If you want an explanation ill give it WHY I [B]need[/B] it :slight_smile:

Restructuring is good and can make the forum much better. My thoughts on this are to always ask the community for advice and feedback of the good and bad, and when it comes upon time to do what you are now, make changes that ultimately benefit the feel of the forum as well. Your community is your best asset because they will definitely give you the advice you need for free…