Woohoo BenQ 800@830

Just had a little test of the new firmware for the BenQ 830. I successfully flashed my 800@822 to a 800@822@830. :slight_smile:
I will be doing some burn test. I don’t have dl media to test that.
I thought it was suppose to support DVD-RW writing? :confused:

wow, can i have the files please

thank you

i saw that, 8MB buffer -> 2MB buffer

mitodna

Yea, thats the only draw back. Funny thing is it doesn’t seem to affect it like you would think. Before when burning at 8x the red burn light would sometimes flash green during a slow down. It doesnt do that with this firmware. It stays red the whole time and I didn’t notice any slow downs in speed.

I’ll post a patcher soon. I’m running some kprobes now.

thank you, i am waiting the firmware

Benq not like others right? allow reflash older frimware right?

mitodna

hi,

can you also run the Nero CD-DVD Speed 3.00 Scan Disc, does this firmware stil limiting the <1.5x scanning and PO

thank you, and by the way, what is Jitter? the lower % is better?

mitodna

There is some high spike somewhere that ruins the graph but this is one of the best scans from my BenQ. Without the spike in the PI and PO it would have been around 2-3 PI easy.

Arita 2.4x burned at 8x.

any Nero CD-DVD Speed 3.00 scan disc pics?

mitodna @ waiting for the patch :slight_smile:

Hi,

is there any chance for you to get a DL DVD to burn? This would be nice.

Gerald

@DMagic1

I thought it was suppose to support DVD-RW writing?

The 830 will be released as plus only burner. Minus functionality will be added through a future firmware release.

if you upgrade to this you will sacrifice your dvd-r burning ability but really the benq doesnt burn dvd-rs that great anyways. The buffer only reporting 2 meg. is just the firmware thinking you only have a 2meg. buffer on the 822 its 8 meg.

Well, I think it’s time for me to reveal the sticker forund on my BenQ DW830A drive.

Seems like BenQ did the converting and then sent the drive to me… Yes I got it from them as a DW830 Dual layer sample drive. They’ve just attached another sticker on the other side(look at my DL preview article) with some handwritten model info text.

And no it do not support DVD-R/RW, only DVD+R/RW.

In the end, does it matter, aside from the marketing muscle a bigger buffer offers? In practical terms, 8 MB won’t protect you any more than 2 MB if an underrun actually occurs; that additional 6 MB amounts to only a mere second of protection at 4x.

@OC-Freak

Wow. That’s neat! But didn’t Philips publically say that while the conversion to DL is possible, the success rate isn’t all that great? I wonder what the actual rate would be, esp. with the newer drive batches… …

Yea, even when I had the -RW firmware I never used it on my 800. I probably have only burned a total of 3-4 DVD-R on my BenQ. All were done just to test.

Here are the patchers.

822@830

800@830

Still no reverse at this time to my knowledge.

have the 822 and the 830 the same hardware?
if this is so why the different buffer?

Thank you,my 800 patch to 830 since 2days ago, and I just use your pacher(reverse) ,it worked. After that,however,when I used the pached B2J7 flash tool, the program display…

Linear Check Sum = 8369  8369
Rotated Check Sum = 3432  3432
Check Sum match !!
Start Flashing...
Don't turn off the power!!

======== FAIL ========

Linear Check Sum = 8A7B  8369
Rotated Check Sum = BD48  3432
Check Sum not match !!
Linear Check Sum = 91C8  8369
Rotated Check Sum = 3A62  3432
Check Sum not match !!

Hi,

I flashed my 800a to 822, and then to 830.
The problem is when I burn it suddenl stops burning.
Tried to DVD’s now and both times it just stops.
One time at 20% and the other at 70%. I use nero 6.3.1.10
I only locks up nero.
I tried then to revert to 822 B3EC with the patch, but it is not possible.

It gives me this error :

Linear Check Sum = A804 A804
Rotated Check Sum = 02F6 02F6
Check Sum match !!
Start Flashing…
Don’t turn off the power!!

Current F/W Version -> New F/W Version
B4A8 -> B4A8

======== FAIL ========

And when trying to flash back to 800a B2J7 I get this :

Linear Check Sum = 8369 8369
Rotated Check Sum = 3432 3432
Check Sum match !!
Start Flashing…
Don’t turn off the power!!

======== FAIL ========

Linear Check Sum = 8A7B 8369
Rotated Check Sum = BD48 3432
Check Sum not match !!

Can someone please help. I want to go back to the B3EC

Thx

Hmm… I’ll look into that reverse flash problem.

Have you tried something besides Nero to burn? I’ve used RN and Alcohol with no problems.

Me 2
Been using DJ to write my disc. Nero have been recently taken a liking to my BenQ

superkernel can you private message me?