Won't rip 2 movies I own

vbimport

I’m using DVDFab Platinum 5.0.3, and I get an “error while reading” when trying to rip Boogie Nights (I own the movie). I’ve tried it w/pathplayer enabled, disabled, and only enabled when needed, all with the same result.
Also, when I try to rip Blow (I own that one too), DVDFab just keeps looking for the structure (I’ve let it run up to 20 minutes one time, with no success). Any help on how to get these two ripped to my HDD would be appreciated.

[quote=tmwfla;2085875]I’m using DVDFab Platinum 5.0.3, and I get an “error while reading” when trying to rip Boogie Nights (I own the movie). I’ve tried it w/pathplayer enabled, disabled, and only enabled when needed, all with the same result.
Also, when I try to rip Blow (I own that one too), DVDFab just keeps looking for the structure (I’ve let it run up to 20 minutes one time, with no success). Any help on how to get these two ripped to my HDD would be appreciated.[/quote]
update to the new beta v5.0.4.5 and try again

I have found that a fingerprint will cause that problem more often than scratches. I buy a lot of previously viewed DVDs from rental businesses, so I have dealt with some discs that are not in real good condition. I can get them replaced, but I find it easier to fix them myself. I have had some that I never thought would play because or scratches while a scratch disc with an almost invisible fingerprint just passed the hole will not.

Yeah, I agee with bigmac, and I also love them with cheese btw!:bigsmile:
You’d be surprised how a fingerprint can effect the read…
But just for the heck of it,open with DVDshrink and see if you get an error while analyzing…