Won't record

vbimport

When I got this recorder about a year ago, it would periodically fail to record. Everything would come on but it would not record as programmed. I found by unplugging it that it would correct itself. However, the problem has increased over time so that it was weekly and then daily. Now it does not record hardly ever. I sometimes get a U99 on the indicator, but I don’t know what that means. I’m ready to throw it out. Is there a solution?

Sorry Carol.M, no offense but, if you still have it, did you RTFM?..

[QUOTE=CarolMartenson;2547780]When I got this recorder about a year ago, it would periodically fail to record. Everything would come on but it would not record as programmed. I found by unplugging it that it would correct itself. However, the problem has increased over time so that it was weekly and then daily. Now it does not record hardly ever. I sometimes get a U99 on the indicator, but I don’t know what that means. I’m ready to throw it out. Is there a solution?[/QUOTE]

Hi CarolMartenson

Welcome to MyCE :flower:

What recorder are you talking about ? hard to give help on something without any info on the product or what your recording on :frowning: or am I over looking it :confused:

[QUOTE=CarolMartenson;2547780]When I got this recorder about a year ago, it would periodically fail to record. Everything would come on but it would not record as programmed. I found by unplugging it that it would correct itself. However, the problem has increased over time so that it was weekly and then daily. Now it does not record hardly ever. I sometimes get a U99 on the indicator, but I don’t know what that means. I’m ready to throw it out. Is there a solution?[/QUOTE]

Carol,

This recent post might provide some clues concerning your problematic Panasonic DVD Recorder:

Have you done the routine DVD Drive lens, rubber hub and spindle area cleaning. If not see this post:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14479898#post14479898

If your Panasonic is an EZ series model there are bugs and design flaws, some of which require the use of workarounds. [B]Avoid using daily or weekly scheduling, e.g., MON-FRI, EVERY TUE, EVERY SAT, etc. Use actual dates for all scheduled recordings. When scheduling early a.m. recordings, say, before 6:00 a.m., schedule a brief “dummy recording” that bridges midnight, i.e., 11:59 p.m. to 12:01 a.m. ahead of the early a.m. scheduled recording. [/B] There is no known workaround for the freeze-up that occurs as a scheduled recording moves from PAUSE to RECORD. With that freeze-up the recording counter does not advance beyond 0:00:00 even though the EZ series recorder appears to be recording. Press the RESET button behind the fold-down front panel to regain control after a minute or so of scrolling zeros and other goings-on.