Won't Reconize CD Disks

vbimport

my problem is that when ever that I put a cd into my burner it keep’s telling me that there is no disk in the drive, it only seems to affect this certain brand of cd-r’s but the funny thing is that I made a copy with that brand of disk and ever since that copy that I made it doesn’t want to seem to reconinze any disks, even on my dvd rom, the brand of disks are Power CDR’s I have a LiteOnLTR 12101B CD Writer and LG DVD ROM. so if someone could shed some lite on my problem that would be apprechiated.

:a :a :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Hi mswiech and welcome to the forum.

The first thing you have to determine is : Is this a hardware or a software problem (Or both ?).

To check this , you can use a MS-DOS bootable floppy disk drive (At www.bootdisk.com you can find several) with a pre-configured cd-rom driver.

Then boot in the MS-DOS console and try out your cd-rom drive. If all goes correct , the startup sequence will give your cd-rom drive a driveletter ( usually D: ). Pop in a standard cdrom in the tray and Type : D: [Enter] and then type : dir [Enter]. If it shows you a directory (folder) listing, the hardware seems ok.

One thing i would also suggest is to disconnect your cdrom drive from your computer and ask a friend to test the drive in his computer system.

Keep us updated and good luck ,

Mr. Belvedere

I have tried that, and it works, so it’s not the cd drive, the funny thing is that I can burn to some of my other disks, but not this ones, so do you think that I have bought some defected disks…

If you can post any more suggestions that would be great.

Thanks In Advance

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o :o :eek: :eek: :smiley: :smiley:

its possible that ur writer has a fair amount of ego and self respect:cool: and does not recognise inferior disks:Z :cool:

Originally posted by pankaj_xyz
its possible that ur writer has a fair amount of ego and self respect:cool: and does not recognise inferior disks:Z :cool:

hey pankaj , you are totally wrong. either the media or media is not being burned properly . the best solution is to turn to other good media.

A friend of mine a while back bought a stack of what he was told were DVD’s off of Ebay and come to find out they were really CDr disks, not even DVD disks. So you best off with name brand stuff. At least you know what you’re getting.

Seller said “ooops Sorry don’t know how that happened” …yeah right.:Z