Won't copy main movie-only full disk

I am using dvdfab5.0.6.5

For some reason when I select “main movie” and dvd5 or dvd9 and try to copy to the ts video file, the program does not respond and the black area by the preview screen becomes horizontal lines.

However, when I select “full disc” and dvd9 the movie copies to completion. If I use dvd5 it does not copy

what is going on here

thank you
Ken

I’ve never seen anything like this. Please update to the current version of DVDFab and try again. You can download it from the link near the top of the thread list here in the forum (v5.1.1.5).

It’s because you are using the free version and it will only copy full disc DVD-9 so you will also need dvd shrink in order to get it to do a DVD-5

I downloaded a copy of HD decrypter. When I select full disk it copies…
However, when I select “main movie” and try to copy dvd video the system does not respond… I have tried this several times…
It reads what is in the E drive and when I try to copy the main movie I get a group of horizontal lines in the lower left corner where you would normally preview the movie…

Can someone help me on this

According to the checklist comparison on dvdfab website…the hd decrypter should copy Main movie… It was checked off along with platnum and gold version

I always use it in conjunction with DvdShrink. I don’t know if the free version does mainmovie or not. I have used it for years and never tried it as DvdShrink makes editing easier for me.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

This way you can edit all the crap out of it and the movie starts automatically when you stick it in the DVD player.

DVDFAB HD Decrypter will do movie only. It it is not responding try changing the pathplayer setting… if enabled then disable .
Not sure why this would make a difference but it does on some movies.

More info would also be helpful…
What movie?
What Region.?

Here’s something I just found out… I Downloaded HD Decryper under another user name and it did copy main movie… The only difference was that FFDSHOW opened five icons in my task bar… Does this have anything to do with why it worked in this use and not the other

thanks

most likely.

turn the preview off in settings then do main movie again.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsPreview

there were similar problems with preview when sound was first introduced.

dvdfab decrypter will now do both full disc and main movie Jimbo :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i think the problem is with the preview as full disc doesnt have preview function

edit// thanks alan

Threads merged Troy. :flower:

[quote=Benhad;2163477]DVDFAB HD Decrypter will do movie only. It it is not responding try changing the pathplayer setting… if enabled then disable .
Not sure why this would make a difference but it does on some movies.

More info would also be helpful…
What movie?
What Region.?[/quote]

I don’t see why disabling pathplayer should make a difference other than to speed the process up a bit.
Does this make sense to anyone

[QUOTE=kenshireen;2163571]I don’t see why disabling pathplayer should make a difference other than to speed the process up a bit.
Does this make sense to anyone[/QUOTE]

have you disabled the preview settings?

Weather it makes since to you or not this has been a quirk in fab for many versions.
If it will not work with pathplayer enabled then disable it.
Might work---- might not. What is it going to cost you to try it?

Also disable preview as suggested… I have never had to do that but … .

When fab creates the video_TS file how can I view it to make sure it is correct before I burn… How do I view the vob files

Thank you

[quote=troy512;2163511]dvdfab decrypter will now do both full disc and main movie Jimbo :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i think the problem is with the preview as full disc doesnt have preview function

edit// thanks alan[/quote]Thanks for the update on that Troy, at one time I thought it would only do full disc as it has been a very long time since I used that program

[QUOTE=kenshireen;2163659]When fab creates the video_TS file how can I view it to make sure it is correct before I burn… How do I view the vob files

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Use a software DVD player such as Nero Showtime, WinDvd, VLC and “Play from folder”