Won't Burn From Hardrive. (Palsonic DVDR160G)

HELLO.
ELF here. I am new. This is my first post. I am in Australia.
I recently brought from RetraVision a DVD recorder.
It is a Palsonic DVDR160G. I can burn from the T.V. to Disc. I can record onto the Hard Drive. BUT…WHEN i try and record from the hard drive to disc, i have problems. It will start to burn and then freeze. Nothing works. I have to turn the player off at the wall and then back on again.
The manual is no good, it just says that it can record, not how. I go into the hard drive click on the show i want to burn, then click add, and then click dub. It starts to burn for a while then it freezes.
I rang RetraVision they said when you go into the part where it says “spilt” and “combine”, you click on “burn”. Mine doesn’t have burn, perhaps he was reffering to another Model. He also said to finish the burn. There is no Finish button.
I rang Palsonic, i was put on hold for ages then disconnected. I rang back and was told the service department had knocked off early, ring back next week.
I have tried cheap DVD blanks, and Expensive DVD blanks, i have tried R and RW, same thing happens each time.
Am i doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help?
Thanks.
ELF.

Not much info on this model, even on the manufacturer’s site.
You may have some luck on this DTV forum in Australia. This is a discussion thread on your model:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=40359&st=0

Any chance you could return/exchange it?

Good luck.

Thank you for the link, i will check it out. Much appreciate it.
RetraVision will exchange it, but first i have to get a return number from Palasonic. Not having much luck talking to Palsonic. It is all getting frustrating.
Thanks again for your help.
ELF.

I had same problem with this unit. I wasted many dvd’s trying to burn of hdd. I eventually stumbled on the solution. I was having trouble with the 8x blank dvd’s. When I burn with 16x blank dvds, presto, no problem. It burns now with flying colours using 16x blank dvd’s.

[QUOTE=ELF;1538761]HELLO.
ELF here. I am new. This is my first post. I am in Australia.
I recently brought from RetraVision a DVD recorder.
It is a Palsonic DVDR160G. I can burn from the T.V. to Disc. I can record onto the Hard Drive. BUT…WHEN i try and record from the hard drive to disc, i have problems. It will start to burn and then freeze. Nothing works. I have to turn the player off at the wall and then back on again.
The manual is no good, it just says that it can record, not how. I go into the hard drive click on the show i want to burn, then click add, and then click dub. It starts to burn for a while then it freezes.
I rang RetraVision they said when you go into the part where it says “spilt” and “combine”, you click on “burn”. Mine doesn’t have burn, perhaps he was reffering to another Model. He also said to finish the burn. There is no Finish button.
I rang Palsonic, i was put on hold for ages then disconnected. I rang back and was told the service department had knocked off early, ring back next week.
I have tried cheap DVD blanks, and Expensive DVD blanks, i have tried R and RW, same thing happens each time.
Am i doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help?
Thanks.
ELF.[/QUOTE]

I had same problem with this unit. I wasted many dvd’s trying to burn of hdd. I eventually stumbled on the solution. I was having trouble with the 8x blank dvd’s. When I burn with 16x blank dvds, presto, no problem. It burns now with flying colours using 16x blank dvd’s.