Won't burn files from hard drive

vbimport

I am unable to make copies using the video files stored on my hard drive. I used to be able to do this with version 8, but now I get a ‘process failed’ when using version 9.

Can you give more info as to what you are doing?

You can have more than one version of DVDFab installed.
I don’t have any V. 9 installed ,never have & never will.
So install a V. 8 & use that as before.
Keep V. 9 installed if you want it .
In my Program Files I have :
DVDFab 8 with V 8.0.6.8
DVDFab 8 Qt with 8.2.3.0
DVDFab HD Decrypter 3 v 3.1.7.9

& this version DVDFab © by Joerg Plenert, Germany 0.17.0 11/07/2003
I rarely use it but I have it.

Hi, baggman, which product have you used? Is it Creater?

I have DVDFab copy version 9.1.5.9. which will make copies on the fly, but of I choose to burn from the video files that I store on my hard drive I get a ‘process failed!’ message. I have to got my Imgburn program to make a back up copy from these files. With version 8 I would just select the file and the destination :confused:.

[QUOTE=cholla;2733057]You can have more than one version of DVDFab installed.
I don’t have any V. 9 installed ,never have & never will.
So install a V. 8 & use that as before.
Keep V. 9 installed if you want it .
In my Program Files I have :
DVDFab 8 with V 8.0.6.8
DVDFab 8 Qt with 8.2.3.0
DVDFab HD Decrypter 3 v 3.1.7.9

& this version DVDFab © by Joerg Plenert, Germany 0.17.0 11/07/2003
I rarely use it but I have it.[/QUOTE]

I installed version 8.2.3.0 but it I get something that tells me this version is expired. Must I also purchase version 8?

I’ve never installed version 9 so I can’t answer much about it.
The purchase of version 9 should cover version 8.
I don’t know if DVDFab changed the key or not .
If the did you would need the correct key for each version but this should just take a e-mail to DVDFab support to correct.
I would start by tryng the registration key you have for version 9 .
When you get the DVDFab started if you still have the “Welcome Screen” it has a button for entering the key.
If you turned this off it is still available from selecting the question mark & about.

You have to set ImgBurn as the burning engine in the settings for V. 8 & below . Otherwise default is the VSO burn engine. I assume V. 9 is the same.
This is what it looks like in my version 8:

[QUOTE=cholla;2733207]I’ve never installed version 9 so I can’t answer much about it.
The purchase of version 9 should cover version 8.
I don’t know if DVDFab changed the key or not .
If the did you would need the correct key for each version but this should just take a e-mail to DVDFab support to correct.
I would start by tryng the registration key you have for version 9 .
When you get the DVDFab started if you still have the “Welcome Screen” it has a button for entering the key.
If you turned this off it is still available from selecting the question mark & about.

You have to set ImgBurn as the burning engine in the settings for V. 8 & below . Otherwise default is the VSO burn engine. I assume V. 9 is the same.
This is what it looks like in my version 8:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response, Cholla. I am having quite a time with this new version. So far, I would rather have the latter version 8. Will use your advice and see if I can use the same key to get version 8 going.
BTW, I opened my version 9, and got this:

! Failed to initialize the burn engine.
If you just installed the product, please restart your PC to see the result, or else please reinstall the product.

So after uninstalling, I reinstalled the ‘product’, only to have the download in some way interrupted. The second turned out to be a success and I can now use version 9 to copy my video files; but come on, now, one hour and thirteen minutes wait time!!!
Seems you made a good decision to opt out :iagree:.

There may come a time that version 8 won’t work with new release DVD’s .
I have a lifetime platinum for DVDCopy & DVDRipper. If I had to I could always get version 9 or even a later version when it comes out. So far I haven’t had the latest version 8 fail to rip a movie even some newer ones.
Fortunately I also have the main competition to DVDFab software but I can’t mention it here. So I’m covered. I still update it to the current versions.
That is a long time if your computer has what should be a fast processor.
If the “wait time” is for ripping & burning a DVD.
If the “wait time” was for the download . That’s ridiculous.

Please click the Menu button (the down triangle) on the right top corner of the DVDFab screen and click “Open Log folder”, and then zip the “log” folder (or attach separate log files) and send it (them) to us (anny@dvdfab.cn). We will check where the problem is. Thanks in advance.