Won\'t erase DVD+RW! (Lite-On LH-20A1P)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On LH-20A1P. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]My Lite-On LH-20A1P will not erase my DVD+RW’s. I have gone into folder properties and unchecked read-only and get the following error:

“Cannot delete video_TS: file on this dvd drive are read only. You cannot copy or move files to this dvd drive.”

No matter how many times I try to uncheck read only I get the same result. :frowning:

How do i erase the RW so that I can record something else on it?

I’m using windows xp.

Can some one help me?

Dick

i think that your DVD+Rw are set to DVD-ROM booktype the last time you burned them
so i guess you to eerase them with another bruner if possible and set booktype for your liteon to DVD+RW when writing to such discs
good luck

i think that your DVD+Rw are set to DVD-ROM booktype the last time you burned them

I don’t understand this point!

The problem is that i can’t erase them. The system won’t allow it.

How do you set booktype??
Thanks!

What program are you using to erase your RW disc? Try ImgBurn, it’s free.

You can’t just right-click a file on a DVD+RW in Windows XP Eplorer and delete it, if that’s what you’re doing :slight_smile:

ok
with this kind of burner, you can set the type of a DVD+RW to DVD-ROM in order to let some old DVD reader recognise it easily.
the media is still a DVD+RW, but the reader detects it as a DVD-ROM
This option is not allowed for DVD-RW ; only for DVD+R and DVD+RWand DVDDL+
so you can change this by using the utility :
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/settings-utility-liteon-drives-v1-1-0-new-241940/

but first you must erase the DVDby an other burner if possible

Setting Booktype and erasing a RW disc are completely different things.

Listen to [B]Arachne[/B]. Most burning programs like Nero, Sonic & Roxio also have an erase function.

But Nero would be a bad choice here.

Use Imgburn!