Women in the army

What do you think?

I voted for a full yes. There was a short reality TV programme in the UK about whether the participants could survive commando (SAS) training. Surprisingly, a woman won.

IMO if someone can do the job, everything else is irrelevant. It is also a medical fact that women have better endurance than men, probably an evolutionary result of childbearing…

I also voted a full yes as anyone who’s been around woman will know that there is no better fighting force in the world then a woman on PMT:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I think they should be in the military but it is just way too sudden to put them into combat now. There was a big issue about female POW’s in the Iraq war and how people will stop supporting the war faster if they see that females are being tortured. Somehow it is easier for society to accept men being killed and tortured than women going through same thing. Over time as society grows used to the idea of women fighting, maybe then they should be let into combat. Infiltration through support untis and air units should occur first.

yes…if they are treated as hard as the males

no special treatment for them

If they want to go into the Army, let them go for it…it sure as hell ain’t gonna be my ass!! :smiley:

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]yes…if they are treated as hard as the males

no special treatment for them [/B]

They already do get special treatment damiandimitri . Atleast here in the US. If they have to lower the standards for physical fitness for all, in order to let women pass the test then something is wrong.

My take on Women’s Rights Advocates:

Put up or shut up. If equality is the goal it should be universal - in every aspect of life and duty. So I’m basically agreeing with damiandimitri - no special treatment. Although some things should probably be kept single-sex - submarines for instance, where personal space and cleanliness are 2nd rate.

They already do get special treatment damiandimitri . Atleast here in the US. If they have to lower the standards for physical fitness for all, in order to let women pass the test then something is wrong.

In Holland were i live…we had some years that woman get special treatment. They get jobs before males…they had special rules…etc etc…
And on the other side they screamed they are equal to men.

I know of course…that males or no better then woman is some things… the mans body is stronger build. So…some work will be harder for females. LIke in the army.

But if they want to join…in a professional army were they get payed for…they should be treated like men.
Not lowering the standards…NO…they females should be as good as the males. ANd they should have combat duty…even on the frontline.
I know…it sounds a bit hard…but we can’t only sends males to die…when there are also females in the army who want equallity

There are women on this planet , that should definately get themselves killed… or join the army …

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
There are women on this planet , that should definately get themselves killed… or join the army …

Amen! :wink: