Wombles Massive Throbbing [Edited!] With Pictures!

vbimport

Well it has taken me some time. Mainly because I am slow. But here you go. My lovely pictures of my new machine. Yay. I took loads of them. Why? Well why not. I am actually using the onboard sound at present as I am waiting for the new Creative X-Fi card to arrive :smiley:

All I need now is a decent internet conenction. Well one thing at a time. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ul]
[li]Motherboard: Gigabyte K8-NXP-SLI (nForce 4 SLI chipset)
[/li][li]Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (Toledo) Dual Core
[/li][li]RAM: 4Gb OCZ Plantinum DDR500
[/li][li]GFX: Gainward 7800GTX Golden Sample (PCI Express nVidia)
[/li][li]Sound: On Board :frowning:
[/li][li]Hard Disk 1: Western Digital 74Gb Raptor SATA
[/li][li]Hard Disk 2: Maxtor Maxline III 300Gb SATA
[/li][li]PSU: OCZStream 550W
[/li][li]Case: Thermaltake Armor Silver
[/li][li]Optical Drive 1: LiteOn 167T DVD-Rom
[/li][li]Optical Drive 2: LiteOn 52327S CD-RW
[/li][li]Optical Drive 3: NEC 3520 DVD-RW
[/li][li]Monitor: 17" ViewSonic VX922
[/li][/ul]

ThermalTake Silver Thermal Compound
Some nice round IDE cables. Must remember to get the Floppy one to. :stuck_out_tongue:

All of the bits still in boxes.

Mmmmmmmm Gainward 7800GTX

All of the bits left over. Well you always have some when you make your own.

Lets turn it on and see what happens. (Note - Nothing blew up, Yay)

All that stuff is in there!!!

All sealed and lovely

Benchmark Scores
Have to say I was a little disapointed with some of these. Need more tweaing or different drivers for something I guess.

PCMark04

PCMark05

3DMark01

3DMark03

3DMark05

Nice :clap:
Can i ask, how much for all of this.

You can ask but you will get no answer :stuck_out_tongue:

All I will say is that it is in the reagion of £1*** and I got a free upgrade from normal ram to gold ram becuase they were out of stock of the normal kind. Yay.

Yay for comp and pics! I will for ever fear your massively invisible PSU :slight_smile:

lol, expensive

Some points I would like to add but forgot to above and can’t be bother to edit. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. SATA connections suck. They are really, really loose. Love the speeds though.
  2. The gainward CD with the drivers for the GPU had the OLD drivers on it. Had to download the new ones. Bit silly on there end I feel.
  3. OCZ ModStream PSU cables are to short, or my computer is too tall.
  4. Gigabyte give you a s**t load of extras with there boards. Yay.
  5. It took me 3 checks of the connections plus a large amount of forcing myself before I actually turned it on. I crossed my fingers and hoped. :slight_smile:

All it needs now is a keyboard with little LEDS on it for buttons.

LMAO all that power…and still on sucky dial up…send me that machine…at least i’ve got speed !!!

really that is a NICE looking machine to match the user …

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Thanks. :flower: :kiss:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Posting about a new computer at CDF with no mention of the optical drives used. Shame on you. :stuck_out_tongue: That is pretty, nice, though. But then again, I’m still using my 800 MHz Celeron laptop as my primary machine, so it’s easy for me to look at another machine and drool. :wink:

Wow Womble, the rumours are all true. You really do have a massive one. :clap: :iagree:
Damn i want one of those dual core processors. :iagree:

did you edit my orginal post? :rolleyes: lmao…or was that just one of those hormonal moments of weakness i experience from time to time… :bigsmile:

wow massive, but… no LCD? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice very nice :clap:

flash git :wink:

and get those wires tidied up!

Not yet. As soon as my current monitor blows up then yes. But it works and works well so why spend the cash now?? Prices will drop, performance will increase.

Where’s the power supply?? The hard rives are up there in the top back hand side. :confused:
And what temp is that CPU running at? Oh my god I want one :iagree:

It’s a very nice rig Womble. :iagree:

May I touch you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sheesh the majority of LCDs are rubbish compared to the majority of CRT’s. And having a small and thin screen only proves that you are too weak to lift a real, masculine CRT :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you mean Womble or Womble’s big thing?

:iagree: The whole non-native resolution thing is annoying as well. A nice flat-screen CRT looks a lot more pleasing, IMHO, than a LCD. But those traditional “round-screen” CRTs are a bit annoying, though.

isn’t 3d mark 05-score a little low?
just 5912 - that’s not that much compared to this one:
http://www.tweakguides.com/Hardcon_2.html (look @ the new system)
which is quite similar to your’s (the “big” difference is 2 GB of RAM) - but the score is
http://www.tweakguides.com/Hardcon_7.html (7545 marks)

Well of course if you have a 1992 Mitsubishi 45kg screen then a LCD might be a nice move :smiley: