Woman Drives for 900 Miles Instead of 90 Thanks to GPS Error

vbimport

I’ve read plenty of crazy GPS stories, but this has to be the craziest of them all: a 67-year-old woman drove for 900 miles over the course of two days because of a GPS error combined with her complete lack of attention. Her actual destination was only 90 miles away.

Link: http://gizmodo.com/5975787/woman-drives-for-900-miles-instead-of-90-thanks-to-gps-error

:cool::cool:

The GPS is not to blame; [B]stupidity[/B] is to blame!

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2673182]The GPS is not to blame; [B]stupidity[/B] is to blame![/QUOTE]

:iagree::clap::iagree:

*(this sounds amazingly like my ex-wife)

One would have thought she would have gotten a clue when she was control checked at all the border crossings - or maybe crossing the [B][I]ALPS[/I][/B] would have given her a clue-eh!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

IMO, the GPS device doesn’t make errors. It is the input that is given to it and/or the settings of the device that cause these problems 99.999% of the time. If this woman can’t tell she went 810 miles out of her way then she has no business driving at all.

[QUOTE=UTR;2673199]IMO, the GPS device doesn’t make errors. It is the input that is given to it and/or the settings of the device that cause these problems 99.999% of the time. If this woman can’t tell she went 810 miles out of her way then she has no business driving at all.[/QUOTE]

GPS doesn’t make error unless you are in Australia using apple maps :bigsmile:. Still its her fault for being too immerse in the GPS. I also look at street signs, etc when using gps.

[QUOTE=Jennt;2673215]GPS doesn’t make error unless you are in Australia using apple maps :bigsmile:. [/QUOTE]

LOL, I was about to say that, and it’s not just in Australia either! :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Was she a blonde

[QUOTE=marloyd;2673271]Was she a blonde [/QUOTE]

you took the words right out of my mind