WMV with DRM to another format

vbimport

I have downloaded about 100 hours of “Tutorial” videos in WMV format, which I need to be able to access from machines WITHOUT either Internet Access or Windows Media player…

However it appears that they are “protected” with DRM (when you first click to play it says would you like me to get a “key” or similar)… Which is fine on my main PC - but I had intended to use these in a dedicated training environment where PCs didn’t have Internet Access to get the key…

Also I had hoped to be able to play them from portable devices (e.g. PSP, after reencoding)…

Does anyone know of a way to get around the need for the Internet Connection? OR to reencode the files as, for example, AVIs…

I have tried several tools, and discarded them just as quickly - RadTools looked like it might work, but no. VDub (which I have used extensively in the past) had no joy (either latest version or v 1.3c). I’ve tried LOADS of other tools including wsrecorder, HiNetRecorder, SDP, bpsvcd, etc… But most of them just say Bad file…

Any ideas anybody???

In worst case scenario I have worked out how to use screen capture to grab them and turn them in to AVIs (which I can then edit usign VirtualDub), but would like to avoid doing this if possible…

Thanks for taking time to read a n00bs ramblings…

Argon0

As far as i know what you want to do can’t be done. I tried doing the same as you a long time ago and the only work around i found is the same as you’re doing (capture as .avi).