WMV format

vbimport

Good Afternoon,
I have a movie in the WMV file format and 2 problems I am encountering one is I can not play it on my computer it is looking for some type of codec??
Second is I want to burn it on to a DVD as an ISO image so I can play it on my dvd player. Does anyone know how I can do this and where I might get the software to do this. Please help me.

Thank you!

Mary

m86thunder ;You don’t say the size of the WMV file.The conversion of the .WMV with DivxtoDVD converter may take awhile on a large file.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm
After the conversion you will have a standard DVD file format folders & files.
These files should burn DVD disc with your DVD burner.
You can use ImgBurn in build mode with the VIDEO_TS folder as the source to a DVD disc as the destination.
This should play on your DVD player but it isn’t going to be an .ISO file or image.
ImgBurn will burn it to your hard drive as an .ISO & .MDS files.

[quote=m86thunder;2169180]Good Afternoon,
I have a movie in the WMV file format and 2 problems I am encountering one is I can not play it on my computer it is looking for some type of codec??
Second is I want to burn it on to a DVD as an ISO image so I can play it on my dvd player. Does anyone know how I can do this and where I might get the software to do this. Please help me.

Thank you!

Mary[/quote]Try the free and excellent VLC media Player. It never asks for a codec, they are all built-in. The paid version of the program cholla recommended has more options and will convert and burn to DVD in one step. It is called ConvertXtoDVD3; you might prefer it if you do much of this. You can get VLC [B]here[/B].

I think DVDFlick might 1 step it too.It is also freeware.
I suggested the freeware because I thought this might be a one time project.
signals is there a software that would burn where the DVD disc would have an .ISO file on the disc when opened ?

[quote=m86thunder;2169180]Good Afternoon,

Thank you!

Mary[/quote]
That very common with illegal downloads from torrents, they make you download the movie and then try and sell you the codec to make it play.:cop: