WMV conversion speed slower than it should be

vbimport

I’ve found that the WMV conversion to Zune format is much slower than it should be. When doing a 2-pass conversion I get a solid 160fps on the first pass, but on the second pass it drops down to 24fps. I thought that this was just normal until I tried a few other programs.

The other programs I tried converted at 3-4 times the speed. They were almost as quick on the second pass as they were on the first! One of these programs was Windows Media Encoder (which comes directly from Microsoft).

Another sign that it’s much slower than it needs to be is when I compared it to h.264. h.264 is a very complex format that should encoder slower than all other formats. But, for some reason, when I tried h.264 I found that it was encoding at nearly double the speed of .wmv! The first pass was a little slower than wmv but the second pass was more than double!

I’m using DVDFab 4.1.2.0

One of the programs I used was using the WMV8 codec. I’ve done some research and found out that WMV8 is much faster than WMV9 and there is a negligible difference in quality.

Is there some way I can use WMV8 in DVDFab?

Why don’t you install WMP11 and see what happens

I have Windows Media Player 11 installed. This is how I watch these files.

All I’m asking for is the option to choose between the WMV8 codec and WMV9 codec.

[QUOTE=dman99;2032162]I have Windows Media Player 11 installed. This is how I watch these files.

All I’m asking for is the option to choose between the WMV8 codec and WMV9 codec.[/QUOTE]

Then you should have posted this in the Feature Request thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/feature-requests-dvdfab-194325/

:cool: