WMP 9 leaked - DVD copying and file sharing

vbimport

I just posted the article WMP 9 leaked - DVD copying and file sharing.

Betanews.com reports that a beta of Windows Media Player 9 has been appearing on the web. The version has been leaked and it seems to offer options that will also be intresting for CD Freaks…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4194-WMP-9-leaked---DVD-copying-and-file-sharing.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4194-WMP-9-leaked---DVD-copying-and-file-sharing.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well it still just a blotaed piece of shit like it always was from WMP7 onwards. Still ugly as hell and no support for Ogg Vorbis. Also MP3 decoder is very bad.

yea, I really have no interest in MP news. DVD copying assume means it will now suppot some dvd-rw drive to make your own media files. cannot believe it would COPy a DVD to HD or otherwise. I do not trust M$ nor do i like thier tactics.

one good thing tho’ it uses less memory =)

it’s sounds like they’re heading in the right direction though… making baby steps away from the stranglehold copy protection is putting on commercially friendly media players.

Wouldn’t it be great if we saw a crazy legal battle between MS and the RIAA? Just the thought of two money-hungry titans losing millions to pay for lawyers makes me happy. I know that of course one will survive, but it would be nice to sit down and watch these two go at it. Lot’s of news for CDFreaks! :d

yeah right like MS pigs would allow you to copy anything never loan dvds after all they invented the word pirates :d

I like a media player that I can do what I want, not what it wants - lke Winamp. With Winamp, you can write your own skins, get squillions of plugins and codecs and it looks good and does not hog resources. Also WMP9 uses MSN in its send file option. Yuck.

Wander why people complain about memory resources… They should be more aware about CPU resources…

Stop moaning, we all have microsoft software. You complain but always check out the software, if it’s that bad leave it alone.