Wmp 11

I have WMP 11 and the problem I am encountering is it will not let me play my DVD’s. when I play video files stored on the computer however, it works fine.

When I play DVD’s I get this. The sound works, but is very choppy, and I have no video. For some DVD’s I get this error:

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card.

Just with processes I have gone through, reinstalling codecs, ect. I am almost certain its not that.

Any ideas?

Sorry that I can’t help you with WMP11 but many members use and recommend VLC (free). Give it a try.

Perhaps some other member with experience in WMP can provide more direct assistance.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

If your using vista and have applied a region free firmware to your optical drive you will get that error with wmp. The DRM is kicking in

I understand what you are saying. But on the other hand I’m a newbie to this type stuff and am unsure what I need to do to correct this. Could you give me something to follow to fix this error?