WMA Copy Protected Tracks

I bought me a 1 terabyte external hard drive to rip all my cd onto. I went to make a wma cd. So after I made the cd using Nero, I put it in the dvd player to see if it would play, it says all my tracks are protected. So i was trying to see if there is a way to break the copy protect from wma ripped cds.

Hi,[QUOTE=dsgb_00;1915034]I bought me a 1 terabyte external hard drive to rip all my cd onto. I went to make a wma cd.[/quote]This was not a good idea.

So after I made the cd using Nero, I put it in the dvd player to see if it would play, it says all my tracks are protected. So i was trying to see if there is a way to break the copy protect from wma ripped cds.
Rerip them to a format without the risk of accidentially adding DRM, something like mp3 or OGG.

Michael

ok, i appreciate the advice.

what is a good program to use to rerip them because I used windows media player initially.

Hi,

for ripping to mp3, I’d suggest CDex or Exactaudiocopy (the LAME mp3 encoder has to be installed additionally). All are free and do better than Nero (at least for me).

Michael

Sidenote: LAME is the name of the encoder :wink:

[QUOTE=dsgb_00;1915793]what is a good program to use to rerip them because I used windows media player initially.[/QUOTE]

You can use windows media player-in the settings under rip music-uncheck copy protect.:slight_smile:

i do appreciate the knowledge