With this Nero CD/DVD Speed Disc Quality Result

vbimport

I have bought Grave Of The Fireflies 2-Disc Collector’s Edition by CPM. It was brand new factory sealed. So I popped that DVD to LiteOn DVD Burner Drive, and ran Nero CD/DVD Speed. Of course before I ran PowerDVD, then paused, because that DVD didnt want to be spined up.

The results are:
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8045/graveofthefireflies2disze8.png

So as you can see, there is MAX 800 PI Errors and it has rating of Quality of DVD 20%.

BUT

The Dual Layered Movie DVD of the Grave Of The Fireflies is 100% OK Playable on:
LiteOn DVD Burner Personal Computer Drive
TEAC DVD Reader Personal Computer Drive
Philips DVP 5140 Standalone DVD Player
Philips DVP 5980 Standalone DVD Player
Playstation 2 Gaming Console

And it has 800 PI Errors MAX.

And, when I bought Record of Lodoss War Chronicles of The Heroic Knight DVD Boxset, I received heavily scratched disc C and D. Disc C had 160 PI Errors MAX and Disc D had 200 PI Errors MAX. On that MAX Spots, there was BIG Freezing on:

LiteOn DVD Burner Personal Computer Drive
Philips DVP 5140 Standalone DVD Player
Philips DVP 5980 Standalone DVD Player
Playstation 2 Gaming Console

Only TEAC DVD Reader Personal Computer Drive played it OK.

So why 800 PI Errors MAX spot on Dual Layered Movie DVD of the Grave Of The Fireflies is playing OK on ALL DVD Drivers/Players, when only 160 PI Errors MAX was freezeing on almost ALL DVD Drivers/Players???

1. So this Grave Of The Fireflies DVD is only starting to ROT, and it will be still worse and worse??? Because I have never seen so much PI Errors on DVD ever. And I dont get that fall in PI Errors there around 4 GBs data. You can see it on picture. So there is layers change or what??? But I heard that 2nd alluminium layers are dying much sooner that 1st layers. And my oppininon is, that if it was DVD Rot from inner ring, that DVD would have too tons PI Errors on beggining of 2nd layer, because it begins where 1st layer begins. And tons of PI Errors are only on 1st layers, 2nd is OK. And 2nd layers are dying much sooner.

2. Or can it be some copy protection from CPM??? Because this is Central Park Media release with that Central Park Media New York City logo. It is not by Software Sculptors or U.S. Manga Corps. And that so much PI Errors are at the begining of DVD. I have never had Central Park Media release originally from them, only from their anime distribution divisions Software Sculptors or U.S. Manga Corps. And they are OK. Of course that DVDs are even older.

Bonus DISC DVD is OK, MAX 16 PI Errors, it is Single Layered DVD.

And on that Movie DVD, there are small bubbles on inner transparent ring, but I heard, that it is OK. And on Lost Universe ADV Films Singles there are too bubbles, and that DVDs get almost 100%, no problems on begining.

PS: Of course that Record of Lodoss War Chronicles of The Heroic Knight DVDs were later sent to Scratch Remove facility, and now they have max 30 PI Errors MAX spots.

So PLS, is that DVD dying or it is OK???

[QUOTE=ANNIHILATE;2171884]

1. Or can it be some copy protection[/QUOTE]

You have it. :slight_smile:

I hope it is true, because with that results, I am worrying about that DVD. But strange is that it plays in everything 100% OK. But that is really some strange copy protection, only on 1st layer. And that strange shape of the graph…

Thanks anyway for reply.:bigsmile: