Wireless Rechargeable Headphones?

can anyone recommend a set of wireless rechargeable headphones for my receiver to watch movies and play video games with… im not looking for anything fancy, and dont want to pay more than $75… just something that is comfortable and not give me too much distortion. thanks in advance!

I would recommend only bluetooth models which will run you about 150 dollars! There are no FM transmitters on the market that even compare to quality and range.

Anyone know if these are any good?
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5474959;jsessionid=vEIyQA54p9dojrwrbMR0Lg**.node3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
30$ is pretty cheap (at least while they ae on sale for that much).

not sure about those… but i was looking at these tho:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-HA-W600RF-Wireless-Headphones-HA-W600RF/sem/rpsm/oid/185444/catOid/-14781/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

or these

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-MDR-IF540RK-Wireless-Stereo-Headphone-System-MDR-IF540RK/sem/rpsm/oid/186297/catOid/-14781/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

they SEEM to have good reviews, but ya never know about these things…

Those both seem to be rf type so you might run into problems. I am the complete oppisite of an expert here, so take it as that, but basically what these do is use fm radio frequency and are intended to work between the frequencys of the local radio stations (Or I think I have seen some that work just below or above). Problem is you may get massive interference from local radio stations. I havent tried any really expensive ones, but have yet to have tried a pair that didnt at some point or another get interference (even if most of the time they worked really well). Further, the transmision power of rf ones might be limited (they are not allowed to interfere with the radio stations).
Anyway, THE C.'s statment makes sence based on that and what I know of it. Bluetooth works on a dedicated frequency range designed for data transmission (I think all bluetooth works on digital signals even if they are music or voice). Thats why I was interested in the frys ones (never owned a bluetooth headset or headphones, but I would certainly like to try some). I supose that more expensive rf ones might use a digital signal, but there are still interference issues. I’m kind of wondering about the second set you linked to though. maybe they are ir (have to have line of sight), with rf backup for line of sight interuptions?

[QUOTE=ripit;1965478]Those both seem to be rf type so you might run into problems. I am the complete oppisite of an expert here, so take it as that, but basically what these do is use fm radio frequency and are intended to work between the frequencys of the local radio stations (Or I think I have seen some that work just below or above). Problem is you may get massive interference from local radio stations. I havent tried any really expensive ones, but have yet to have tried a pair that didnt at some point or another get interference (even if most of the time they worked really well). Further, the transmision power of rf ones might be limited (they are not allowed to interfere with the radio stations).
Anyway, THE C.'s statment makes sence based on that and what I know of it. Bluetooth works on a dedicated frequency range designed for data transmission (I think all bluetooth works on digital signals even if they are music or voice). Thats why I was interested in the frys ones (never owned a bluetooth headset or headphones, but I would certainly like to try some). I supose that more expensive rf ones might use a digital signal, but there are still interference issues. I’m kind of wondering about the second set you linked to though. maybe they are ir (have to have line of sight), with rf backup for line of sight interuptions?[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Those radio-frequency wireless headphones do not operate in the normal FM radio band! Instead, they operate in the 900MHz frequency range, which is shared with garage door openers and some other wireless devices (including some mobile phone service and some cordless land-line telephone handsets). And trust me, you will occasionally get interference from other devices due to such sharing.

ok, so is there an option out there for that wouldnt cost an arm and a leg? i dont think bluetooth is an option, since my receiver doesnt have it… unless its a separate unit all together i would plug into it… the main issue is cost for me… but i dont want a crap sounding pair of headphones either… any other suggestions out there?? thanks for the help again in advance!

Have you gone to your local Best Buy to chekc out the wireless headset they have? I seen some from 62 to 100 dollars or so? But you should go look there and get a feel of what they are like and give them a test.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1966763]Have you gone to your local Best Buy to chekc out the wireless headset they have? I seen some from 62 to 100 dollars or so? But you should go look there and get a feel of what they are like and give them a test.[/QUOTE]

last time i checked, best buy doesnt really like when you open and return something… they used to give me hassles if i didnt like a certain item. have they changed since then? hopefully… thx

Hassle wow…I would complain but that depends on the situation…but you can at least just go and check to see what they have for wireless headphones…I might buy one just cause I hate having a long cord from my computer to my chair to listen to music or listen to DVDs I play on my computer.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1966763]Have you gone to your local Best Buy to chekc out the wireless headset they have? I seen some from 62 to 100 dollars or so? But you should go look there and get a feel of what they are like and give them a test.[/QUOTE]

In addition, Best Buy no longer allows you to demo headphones in the store (with the exception of a couple of Bose headphones, which are always connected to the same audio unit inside the Bose display) – and any display samples of wireless headphones at that superstore chain are non-functioning.

Well if that is true but you can always return them if they don’t work satisfactory to your needs…but you can always go there and look at the models to see what they have to offer in your way of needs…

[QUOTE=RJL65;1965495]Wrong. Those radio-frequency wireless headphones do not operate in the normal FM radio band! Instead, they operate in the 900MHz frequency range, which is shared with garage door openers and some other wireless devices (including some mobile phone service and some cordless land-line telephone handsets). And trust me, you will occasionally get interference from other devices due to such sharing.[/QUOTE]

I guess it must very from brand to brand. I just looked at the pair I got (only happy with them for the price as they were cheap, but I’m looking for something better), and they are 49.85MHz. Strange thing is that while that is below broadcast fm radio range by quite a bit, I have gotten music interference on them before (I pick up music from another source). MAybe its someone else with wireless headphones lol.