Wireless printing

vbimport

I cannot get my hp photosmart 309 wireless printer to print. I have an ACER ASPIRE 5560-7638 laptop, both are successfully connected to my wireless network and after clicking all the right buttons, it still doesn’t print. Now the printer works perfectly when you plug in directly USB. So, the printer works fine, the computer works fine, what am I missing?

Check the printer properties and also the event viewer in windows for issues.

Did you follow the directions carefully? Both the Printer and Laptop have to be connected to the Router properly in order for the Printer to work. Connect the HP Printer to the Router using the HP Menu. Then with the HP Printer Driver Disc loaded on your Laptop follow the directions to connect your Laptop. :cool:

[QUOTE=jallen59;2624174]I cannot get my hp photosmart 309 wireless printer to print. I have an ACER ASPIRE 5560-7638 laptop, both are successfully connected to my wireless network and after clicking all the right buttons, it still doesn’t print. Now the printer works perfectly when you plug in directly USB. So, the printer works fine, the computer works fine, what am I missing?[/QUOTE]

How is your wireless network setup? And when you installed the photosmart software on your laptop did you check for network installation or wireless install? That would make a difference that the software will detect the correct connection. Also what version of O/S are you using? So if I get this right your photosmart is not networked hard wired but wireless correct? Found some info from hp site take a look at this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=36010&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3737195

I have an expen$ive HP printer (1200pages an hour type expensive) that’s supposed to be a “wireless network” printer that I’ve never been able to make work correctly as a network device… let alone as a wireless network
printer, nor has anyone else

the network part of the printer not working is likely why I have it, because I got it from a friend who is a sys-admin for a fortune 100 company

But as I have multiple desktops on my home network that are “always on”
(24/hrs/365days) I just connected it to one of them and let Windows 7 Homegroup allow for full printer sharing within the homegroup.

It works as a network printer when physically connected to a windows7 computer via “Homegroup” and printer sharing.

IF you have not setup a “Homegroup” in a Windows 7 home network environment the one thing you need to do is be careful about naming your computers before you create a homegroup AND being careful about which computer you initially create the homegroup with before “joining” the other computers to it.

Here’s my setup I have two wired printers to my network and about 4 laptops and 1 desktop wired that all can communicate and print to either the HP 8450 and Samsung CLX3175N printer. For the laptop as long as they are in range of my wireless network they can choose the default Samsung or choose the HP 8450 to print to without any problem. Took some time to figure and read but the Samsun required a Cate5 crossover cable to make it work but the HP8450 was just a Cate5 to work and now I have two printers that I can print to from anywhere in the house with the laptops. This makes it easier to be able to move the laptop and still be able to print and access the internet. It would seem if one wants to do a wireless printing or wired network printing have to do some homework as it depends on the router and the printer settings to permit it to do such network printing. As I gave a link to jallen59 that might be what they need to figure out what setup they need to do and know to get it working. It is fairly simple to get to print from USB but I thinki when jallen59 got the setup going during the setup they didn’t choose the network/wireless setup rather they choose the USB connection setup thus rendering their ability to do wireless printing not possible and should uninstall the printer software and driver and reinstall and this time pick the network/wireless option to setup their wireless networking printing setup and drivers. This should work if their setup and configuration is properly setup should get the wifi printer is so to recognize the laptop is connect to the printer and print a test page to see if it works. But what we need to know from jallen59 is what O/S are they using and what version of HP software for their printer did they install to know more about the setup? Of which I haven’t heard back from?