Wireless Printer Server Query

vbimport

My two printers, Epson Stylus Photo 750 & Canon Pixma IP4200 are currently cabled to my existing desktop but I am able to print over my wireless network (SAFECOM SWART2-54125 wireless router) on my laptop, provided of course that the desktop is switched on (if it’s not I switch the usb cable to the laptop).

I have just bought a new Toshiba laptop (running Visa Home Pemium) and want to remove the desktop as it’s playing up but I would like to retain the remote print facility from the laptop.

I’ve been looking at wireless printer servers and have seen a New Netgear Wireless Print Serverand 4-port Switch Model Number WGPS606
on eBay but their compatability list only shows it is OK with the Epson. The Canon isn’t listed.

There is also a Linksys WPS54G Wireless WIFI Print Server Printer Dongle but don’t know much about that at the moment and it only serves one printer so would need to switch cables about if changing the printer I’m using. I could at a pich run with just the Epson on wireless but ideally I would both so I can reduce the number of cables.

Is anyone using a Canon Pixma IP4200 with a wireless printer server?

Anyone recommend a server that will work with both my printers?

Thanks

Look into 2Wire wireless networks at 2Wire.Com. I use there stuff and I also use Vista.

Thanks for the reply but should have made it clear that I’m in the UK so site you refer to isn’t of use to me, unless they post to the UK.

[QUOTE=chris18;2093307]Thanks for the reply but should have made it clear that I’m in the UK so site you refer to isn’t of use to me, unless they post to the UK.[/QUOTE]

2Wire wireless routers are sold all over the world, maybe trying a google search using the UK search engine might bring up local dealers in your country?

…or just get something that works with OpenWRT and use p910nd
//Danne