Wireless laser mouse recommendation

vbimport

Hi I got a logitech MX revolution mouse but its has died (the left mouse button is overly sensitive) and I purchased a MX 1100 but its too large (too high) for my hand so Im gonna return it to the shop.

Anyone got a good recommendation for a wireLESS LASER mouse with preferably metal scrollwheel and a comfortable design that fits your hand (so NOT a tiny laptop mouse or generic shape mouse) ?

I currently have logitech keyboard/mouse as well but I have the wave keyboard/mouse setup not the wave pro setup. It is a laser mouse and has worked well for me. I used 2 other previous logitech keyboard/mouse setup and they worked good for me. I just upgraded my keyboard/mouse to get the laser mouse feature. Reason I just chose wave was I didn’t like the wave pro mouse design and feel of the mouse. But I ask are you just doing everyday computing or gaming computing? That would make a difference in the mouse sensitivity that you would want as well.

I am not a gamer but I AM an EXTENSIVE computer user. You seem to talk about keyboard/mouse combo’s but I don’t want that.

ok, then are you meaning wireless mouse or corded mouse? I would chose logitech mouse over M$ first as well as go to your local computer store and test out those mouse they have to know which one works well for your computing needs.

wireless mouse ! Please better read my posting before asking since the answer is told there !

yeah I know Logitech is THE brand. the local shop idea I had already but I hope to find people who know a good model (logitech doesnt have a good replacement for the MX revolution since these models are now too bulky; those are the MX 1100 and MX performance). so I need to look at other brands and hope people here know a good brand/model. I need wireless/laser and preferably a metal scrollwheel like logitechs microgear.

[QUOTE=maicod;2541287]wireless mouse ! Please better read my posting before asking since the answer is told there !
[/QUOTE]
oops this sounded more arrogant than was meant by me.

There are a couple of Logitech mice you have not mentioned. The MX 620 and the Gaming Mouse G700. The gaming mouse looks like overkill to me, but have you seen the MX 620?
http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/mice-pointers/mice/devices/2987

It is still possible to buy the MX Revolution in the US through Amazon, but they are WAY overpriced. I use an MX Revolution myself.

Difficult to recommend a mouse as it is so subjective. I have to try them in person.

Hi Kerry,

I had considered them but didn’t mention them because:

1. that gaming mouse looks horrible and indeed overkill

2. I wasn’t sure about the MX 620 being a sculpted mouse or not. It indeed looks a bit higher on the aft end but it hasn’t got these thumb rest ‘caves’ like the MX Revolution and MX1100 and MX performance have so its more basic except the higher aft end. What do you think about that ?

you are right about recommending mice being a subjective thing but I really appreciate ideas like yours about a particular mouse so I can look into it (and possibly try out in a shop)

and yeah Amazon are money-eating ‘b*sterds’ :slight_smile:

I mentioned the 620 mostly because you’ve narrowed down the choices quite a lot already amongst the Logitech line. I do think it is much more “basic” than the MX Revolution that you had, but is worth trying it out, if you can find one in a store.

The only comparable mouse in the Microsoft line is the MS Natural 6000…but I had a regular 6000 for a while and it was the most annoying MS mouse I have ever used. It would lose focus and wander. That blasted mouse was the least accurate mouse I’ve ever used. So, I can’t recommend it or the “Natural” version.

Edit: Looking around, we can still buy the VX Revolution for a relatively good price here in the US. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104016 Another one to consider if available in your area.

I would NOT recommend any bluetooth mouse. Bluetooth eats your batteries alive!

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2541327]I would NOT recommend any bluetooth mouse. Bluetooth eats your batteries alive![/QUOTE]

On a laptop that can be an issue (unless you run an absolutely enormous battery like I do:),
but on a desktop batteries aren’t an issue.

I use a bluetooth mouse for my laptop, but it’s not a "mini notebook mouse"
I don’t know who actually makes it, it’s a a Dll branded full size BT laser mouse
I went bluetooth because I have internal bluetooth on my Dell notebook so there
is no mouse dongle hogging up a USB port.

Frankly I don’t see the point in a bluetooth mouse for a desktop/tower computer,
ANY wireless Mouse works just as well… and there are usually six (or more) back
panel USB’s on any modern desktop.

Frankly having the cable from a wired mouse dragging around my desk is a P-I-T-A,
but there is another way around a dragging cable… get a mouse that doesn’t need to move…

I use the Wired version of the Trackman Wheel mouse.

You work the trackball with your thumb left click with the index finger
right click with the middle finger and unlike most trackball mice it has
a scroll wheel between the two buttons (I mostly work the scroll
wheel with my middle finger)

NOTE: this trackball mouse is specifically oriented to right handed users
(Fortunatly I’m right handed)

I like it so much I’ve purchased a spare.

The cable isn’t an issue because there is little need to move the
mouse on the desk.

The cable also means no mouse batteries to be replaced

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2541295]I mentioned the 620 mostly because you’ve narrowed down the choices quite a lot already amongst the Logitech line. I do think it is much more “basic” than the MX Revolution that you had, but is worth trying it out, if you can find one in a store.
[/QUOTE]
I see you agree that it is not as sculpted (comfy shape) as the MX Rev and its new replacements. It has a ‘cheaper’ shape. you can see i’m already spoiled by the comfortable shape of the MX Rev and its new replacements so I don’t think I’m gonna go for the MX 620. I appreciate your input very much though !

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2541295]
The only comparable mouse in the Microsoft line is the MS Natural 6000…but I had a regular 6000 for a while and it was the most annoying MS mouse I have ever used. It would lose focus and wander. That blasted mouse was the least accurate mouse I’ve ever used. So, I can’t recommend it or the “Natural” version.
[/QUOTE]
thanks for this warning. I won’t get that mouse then.
I think there’s not anything better than Logitech mice. The problem is just that why ‘the h*ll’ did they heighten their MX Revolution design in the new MX Performance and MX 1100 anyways ! I’m a man with not super big hands but not tiny either and I believe for woman this mouse is almost never a fit. So what a stupid decision of Logitech huh.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2541295]
Edit: Looking around, we can still buy the VX Revolution for a relatively good price here in the US. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104016 Another one to consider if available in your area.
[/QUOTE]
thanks ! indeed newegg doesn’t deliver to The Netherlands (or any place abroad). I had never seen this mouse before ! and I don’t see much difference with the MX Revolution. Do you know what is different about it ? I don’t know what VX or MX stands for.

The VX seems to be a less expensive version of the MX, and only has the top scrolling wheel. Its missing the side scroll wheel. Other than that they seem very similar.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2541433]The VX seems to be a less expensive version of the MX, and only has the top scrolling wheel. Its missing the side scroll wheel. Other than that they seem very similar.

Thanks ! cool to see them next to eachother. I see the VX indeed misses the sidewheel (I don’t use that on my MX Revolution) but instead it has 2 buttons in the spot where the MX 1100 has them.
I found one Dutch shop who has the VX Revolution in stock.

I am still waiting for my MX1100 to be allowed to be returned to the shop (RMA nr) and I posted a repair/replace question to Logitech about my MX Revolution and haven’t got an answer yet. So I’m not yet buying another mouse but thats why in the mean time I asked around here for good ideas for a replacing mouse for the MX1100 or MX Revolution.

[QUOTE=maicod;2541449]Thanks ! cool to see them next to eachother. I see the VX indeed misses the sidewheel (I don’t use that on my MX Revolution) but instead it has 2 buttons in the spot where the MX 1100 has them.
I found one Dutch shop who has the VX Revolution in stock.

I am still waiting for my MX1100 to be allowed to be returned to the shop (RMA nr) and I posted a repair/replace question to Logitech about my MX Revolution and haven’t got an answer yet. So I’m not yet buying another mouse but thats why in the mean time I asked around here for good ideas for a replacing mouse for the MX1100 or MX Revolution.[/QUOTE]

Your posting question to logitech will be long and when you get a reply might not be helpful as you may think I done that already and well to say the least they got good product but needs more understanding of their software programming side.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2541547]Your posting question to logitech will be long and when you get a reply might not be helpful as you may think I done that already and well to say the least they got good product but needs more understanding of their software programming side.[/QUOTE]

they replied and refused because they say the warranty has passed which is correct BUT everywhere I read the SAME problem that people have with these micro-switches so it should be a case of leniency for a part that often breaks too soon.