Wiped out data

vbimport

I deleted everything on my hard drive to get rid of unremovable virus, I am trying to get back the data with the ultimaye boot CD, is it possible?:disagree:

Welcome aboard :slight_smile:

One way would be to physically remove that hard disk and connect it to another PC or laptop using an external USB-to-SATA/IDE kit, such as this. Once connected to another PC, I would suggest trying Recuva to undelete the files, which works pretty well.

If you feel comfortable enough working with the command prompt, you could use a Windows 7 boot CD to bring up a command prompt and run the Recuva portable version on a USB flash drive to try recovering files this way.

Don’t try installing (or repairing) Windows on that HDD until you get your data back, otherwise most (if not all) the data will permanently lost.

just be careful you dont restore the virus again as well. Make sure you have a good a/v software and run it against the hdd, and then run malwarebytes as well. after you recover any files, run both again just to be sure.

[QUOTE=douggg;2647294]I deleted everything on my hard drive to get rid of unremovable virus, I am trying to get back the data with the ultimaye boot CD, is it possible?:disagree:[/QUOTE]

Wrong way.

You should have connected that infected hdd externally and then save all necessary data BEFORE wipiing the whole hdd!!!