WinX DVD: Veery slow rip of DVD to MP4 on MAC

vbimport

Hi,

Now to this forum. I have had Winx productsfor some time but first time trying the DVD ripper.

So I have the latest version of the Winx DVD ripper for Mac
I bought this as Handbrake will not decrypt the latest DVD’s
I am used to the rip speed of handbrake and was very very surprised to see Winx asking for 3+ hours PER track for an MP4 output rip. ie it took near 10 hours to rip a single DVD. The rip speed to MP4 was stated to be 26fps - about viewing speed - but the rip took much much longer than viewing speed.

Oh it did crash at one stage - crash log reported.

I ripped to an MPG file next, this took maybe 30 minutes. I used Handbrake on this MPG file to convert to MP4. This took approx 30 minutes.

It just does not add up.

The mac is an older 2.6GHz Core 2 beastie with 8G ram but handbrake seems to work much faster.

Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong with Winx?

Hi jim5055,

Thank you for your feedback. Here are our suggestions:

[ul]If you have no request for output format, choose the following 4 DVD Copy modes - 1:1 Clone DVD to ISO image, DVD folder backup, Main title content copy, Backup [B]DVD to a MPEG2 file in 5 minutes[/B][/ul]
[ul]
[li]As for DVD to MP4, choose MPEG4 video codec in the parameter settings.
[/li][/ul]
[ul]
[li]Plus if you adjust to lower bitrate or let High Quality Engine unused, it will also speed up your DVD ripping process.
[/li][/ul]

Please feel free to contact us once your problem is still unsolved. :slight_smile: