WinX DVD Ripper Problem

vbimport

Hi. I’m relatively new here and I would like to ask some assistance. I have been using the free WinX DVD Ripper for 3 days now. However, what seems to be the problem that some dvds will only be copied to my hard disk to only 30 to 50% while some dvds were copied in full?

Here is what the ripper does. After 30 or 40 or 50% of the ripping process, the conversion will jump to 100% when in fact the copied portion is only between 30 to 50%. Is the problem associated with the dvd? I suspect this because other dvds were copied in full.

Thanks for your kind help.

:rolleyes: :wink:

You’ll find that very few of us use WinX, and virtually none of us recommend it. So, getting help with the program may be hard to come by here.

I would suggest using DVDFab. It has a free trial for the full program, then when the trial ends, there is a free section within it called DVDFab HD Decrypter that will still function as a decryption and ripping program for you. The only caveat is that it will lag behind the commercial version by 60 days or so on updates.

And there is another free option. DVDFab Passkey will work in the background to remove encryption. It is free to use while it is still in beta. Combine it with the old standby, DVDShrink, and you have a complete set of tools for decryption, ripping and compression of a dvd movie to fit onto a single layer dvd.

You can find the DVDFab programs here: www.dvdfab.com

And you can download DVDShrink here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD_Shrink

Shrink will work to decrypt and rip movies with simple CSS protection, but if you run into one that has advanced structural protection, you’ll need Passkey or AnyDVD running in the background. (AnyDVD is not free, but extremely effective) Or you can rip the movie to the hard drive with DVDFab HD Decrypter, then compress with Shrink if you prefer.

Hi Kerry 56,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do dvdfab and dvd shrink work with windows 7?

[QUOTE=atrytone;2554668]Hi Kerry 56,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do dvdfab and dvd shrink work with windows 7?[/QUOTE]

Yes they’ll both run under Windows 7.

I agree with Kerry 56, WinX has a very small number of users despite almost constant ‘free offers’.

DVDFab HD Decrypter is the best of the free rippers currently available and is what the vast majority of people use as a free option.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Make sure you have the latest version of WinX DVD Ripper: http://www.winxdvd.com/download/winx-dvd-ripper.exe

The below suggestions may help:

1. Choose “Safe Mode” option in the main interface to have a try.
  2. Close other programs when running the product.
  3. There might be bad sections in the movie. Please adjust the “Start time” to be seconds after the point where the ripping ends to have a try.
    If it still not works, the situation might be your DVD’s information is not intact, or our product can’t read the full information of it.

[QUOTE=Josiey;2751715]Make sure you have the latest version of WinX DVD Ripper: http://www.winxdvd.com/download/winx-dvd-ripper.exe

The below suggestions may help:

1. Choose “Safe Mode” option in the main interface to have a try.
  2. Close other programs when running the product.
  3. There might be bad sections in the movie. Please adjust the “Start time” to be seconds after the point where the ripping ends to have a try.
    If it still not works, the situation might be your DVD’s information is not intact, or our product can’t read the full information of it.[/QUOTE] Hi Josiey: This thread is over 5 years old LOL. Long before you came here.