Winter Olympics 2014

vbimport

Anyone looking forward to some special sports? For me, being Dutch, it should be Speed Skating, but I honestly don’t care much, cause we seem to be pretty much the only country who cares anyway (so we have big budgets and it would be a surprise if we didn’t win any medals)

Currently having the opening on TV, seems impressive.

My country has a small team (16) with chances like the number of our participants.
I am mainly interested in curling and ice hockey.

I would have to say i am looking forward to hockey…though watching all the side stories about crime and hotel issues is pretty fun too.

+1 for Curling. Men with Brooms…

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2718644]and it would be a surprise if we didn’t win any medals[/QUOTE] You needn’t worry; your countrymen snatched the gold, silver AND bronze at the 5000m speed skating competition. :clap:

Ole Einar Bjørndalen of Norway today became only the second athlete ever to win 12 medals at winter Olympics by winning gold at the 10 km sprint biathlon. The first to win 12 medals was another Norwegian, Bjørn Dæhlie.

If winning his 12th medal at winter Olympics isn’t enough to impress you, consider that Bjørndalen is 40 years old!

Yes, I’m rooting for the Norwegian athletes. :iagree:

Hehe indeed Drage, obviously nice, but like I said, we have the big budgets and I wonder if there is any other country that really cares. It’s like they just let us have some medailles. Soon the women will compete as well, I wonder what will happen. But at least, we as a tiny country got our first gold medal. Oh, and we do well on soccer too, that’s a bigger achievement :wink:

We’re not really a winter sports country though our athletes generally go ok at freestyle skiing and snowboarding events; moguls, half-pipe, etc.

Can’t say I care about any of these though. However, looking forward to watching the figure skating as always. :slight_smile:

Two remarkably attractive Canadian women won gold and silver in the Moguls. http://i.imgur.com/fTp5Evb.jpg Justine and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe.

They are sisters, and their older sister placed in the top 12 in the same event. I’m not sure three siblings have ever done this well in one Olympic event before.