Winter olympics: 2010 Winter Olympics - Who is your favorite athlete?

vbimport

Are you going to watch the 2010 Winter Olympics’ opening ceremony? And who is your favorite athlete?

I’m from Holland (Friesland actually) so of course we love Sven Kramer, he rocks at ice skating! :bigsmile:

Svenergy!

No

No one

1. no, I do always ignore the opening ceremonies
  2. Adam Malysz (ski jumping), Ole Einar Bjorndalen (biathlon)

My fave athlete is the one that has the gonads to walk away from this elitist buncha BS… hmmm… what ya mean there isn’t one :confused:… Gee what a surprise…

[QUOTE=~Soul~;2493260]My fave athlete is the one that has the gonads to walk away from this elitist buncha BS… hmmm… what ya mean there isn’t one :confused:… Gee what a surprise…[/QUOTE] No, no, no… Racewalking is part of the [I]Summer[/I] Olympics, not the [I]Winter[/I] Olympics! :smiley:

Summer… winter … all BS

Can only hope somfin interesting happens…
Hahahahahahaha ya right … interestin…only if it involves large amounts of explosives

[QUOTE=Bob;2493225]No

No one[/QUOTE]

Im waiting for the BIG ONE :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=pepst;2493239]1. no, I do always ignore the opening ceremonies[/QUOTE]
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I’ll be looking out for:

[B]Anja Pärson[/B] (alpine skiing) - I heard she’s retiring at the end of the season. :sad:

[B]Shelley Rudman[/B] (bob skeleton) :cool:

[B]Nicole Minichiello & Gillian Cooke[/B] (bobsleigh) - They deserve something just for getting to the start line after Minichiello’s eye problems (losing most of your eyesight halfway down a bob-run, now that’s scary, and it’s still only 60-70% in her left eye). :eek: And then Cooke split her suit at the start on live television. :o:clap:

But the Canadians have been blocking access to the track this winter, so they and the Americans will have a big advantage. :a

[B]Olympic luger Nodar Kumaritashvili dies after crash[/B] :frowning:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympic_games/vancouver_2010/luge/8513595.stm

Humm, i have to say no one.

Tanya Harding. Thwack!

[QUOTE=Ibex;2493358]:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I’ll be looking out for:

[B]Anja Pärson[/B] (alpine skiing) - I heard she’s retiring at the end of the season. :sad:

[B]Shelley Rudman[/B] (bob skeleton) :cool:

[B]Nicole Minichiello & Gillian Cooke[/B] (bobsleigh) - They deserve something just for getting to the start line after Minichiello’s eye problems (losing most of your eyesight halfway down a bob-run, now that’s scary, and it’s still only 60-70% in her left eye). :eek: And then Cooke split her suit at the start on live television. :o:clap:

But the Canadians have been blocking access to the track this winter, so they and the Americans will have a big advantage. :a[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this is nothing new that any host country of the Olympics hasn’t pulled, as long as it’s within the rules.

As for me personally, I would welcome anybody. It’s to bad that the Olympics have become political.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2494063]Unfortunately this is nothing new that any host country of the Olympics hasn’t pulled, as long as it’s within the rules.

As for me personally, I would welcome anybody. It’s to bad that the Olympics have become political.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]
:iagree: :iagree:
They didn’t do anything wrong (although maybe the rules should be changed). Unlike what has happened in the past. Remember the final run of the Women’s skeleton in 2002? What the officials did at the start was disgraceful, deliberately putting one of the top 3 competitors at a significant disadvantage (the non-American of course).

So far at these games the orginisers seem to be doing an excellent job in difficult circumstances, and the Canadian fans aren’t too partisan.

What a fabulous men’s downhill. Congratulations to Defago, Svindal & Miller. :clap:

That red headed snowboarder from California who is running the 1/2 pipe tonight

Well done Amy Williams. :clap:

Being a Norwegian citizen (living in Denmark), I guess my favourite should be one of the Norwegian gold medal winners like e.g. Marit Bjørgen.

My actual favourite, however, is Petra Majdič; it really takes someone special to suffer 4-5 broken ribs after a 3m fall, and then later that day still be able to take an olympic bronze medal! :bow: