WinOnCD 5 Power Edition

Has anyone tried this software yet?
What a beautiful piece of software, and works great with XP.
Why doesn’t Roxio sell this instead of EZ CD Creator 5?

Originally posted by bhrubes
Has anyone tried this software yet?
What a beautiful piece of software, and works great with XP.
Why doesn’t Roxio sell this instead of EZ CD Creator 5?

Comment? Why use any of those mentioned if you have Ahead’s nero? :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Wookie

Comment? Why use any of those mentioned if you have Ahead’s nero? :stuck_out_tongue:

Although Nero is a great software package, WinOnCD has alot of advocates as well. From what I recall is that they were great as for creating VCDs.

Roxio bought their technology and most likely went for the various patents held by CeQuadrat… Same applied for Nvidia that bought 3Dfx…

Although Nero is a great software package, WinOnCD has alot of advocates as well. From what I recall is that they were great as for creating VCDs.

Used version 3.7 a year ago already I think, and saw that there where indeed allot of options. But didn’t try the newest version yet. English version isn’t released of is it?!

Originally posted by Da_Taxman

Yes but now they are asking money for the latest Mpeg2 plug-in . :slight_smile: :a

I use WinOnCD 5 PE as my default burning program. I burn a little bit of everything, VCD, SVCD, data cds, audio cds with cd-text, (CloneCD for games and other software, of course) and I find it does everything well. Its a great (and logical) step up from EZCD creator, which I hated. I guess I never used Nero simply because I discovered previous versions of WinONCD 1st, and it works good, so I stuck with it.
I am using an english version, too.
@olyboy: if you go to these boards, I’m sure you know that everything is free if you look in the right places :wink:

Do i have to start checking my mail box more frequently ? :slight_smile:

I just got my copy of the WinOnCD 5 PE today , all that i have to say is that its too green :bigsmile:

I will give it one try , the navigation in it , it looks a litle hard , but the good part is that it does not have any problems in my system that i do have installed the latest Nero and the Clone CD .

I will report back ,as soon i will investigate it in depth . :slight_smile:

PS: i had also to install the latest WinOnCD updates ,as service pack and the latest drivers information pack , as my Plextor 4012TA was not recognized with out them . :slight_smile:

using wocd many years and 5.0 pe since it was sold its okay!
urly on i used ezcd :Z
tried nero also works also fine but i have a weak spot for wocd
use it for all the non copy work;)