Winfast XP 2000 Expert Edition> No Sound :(

Hi everyone… hope you guys can help :slight_smile:

I bought a Winfast XP 2000 Expert Edition (Model 3) TV/FM card for my PC about 3 years ago… and it worked great… the sound and video was perfect. I then took it out as I needed the PCI slot for another component.

I’m using a MSI motherboard with onboard sound… but… the soundcard no longer works. I think I blew it a while back. So last year I bought an external USB Creative soundcard.

Yesterday I tried to re-install the TV card… but got no sound. The problem is… it uses a CD-Audio lead to carry the sound from the TV card to the CD-In plug on the motherboard.

> Could it be that when my onboard soundcard blew the ‘CD-In’ plug stopped working too?

> Could the ‘CD-in’ plug be working… but is trying to send the sound through the onboard soundcard?

> Is there any possible way I can have the cable running normally as it should be from the TV Card into my ‘CD-in’ plug… but getting the sound to carry through my USB soundcard?

I’m using Windows XP SE, and I’ve also installed the latest drivers from the Leadtek site for the TV Card. I’ve tried using the “PVR” software it comes with… and the update on the site… “PVR2”.

If you need any more info… like pictures or something… please let me know.

I really really appreciate all your help… and thanks in advance…

-S

Just to add to my posting…

I have checked all the line-in and cd-in (and all others too) settings in the control panel… they’re all unmuted and on full volume.

Thanks again…

-S

You need to “transfer” the sound to the soundcard using a “CD-in” cable. Since you’re using an USB-card that is not possible.
Your solution is to get a custom made cable that you can connect to your USB-card or get a DVB (ATSC in US)-card instead.
//Danne

Yup correct, I have one of these and so does a friend of mine, you MUST have the CD-in connected.

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;1970005]You need to “transfer” the sound to the soundcard using a “CD-in” cable. Since you’re using an USB-card that is not possible.
Your solution is to get a custom made cable that you can connect to your USB-card or get a DVB (ATSC in US)-card instead.
//Danne[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys!! You’re the best! I decided I’m going to get a new PCI soundcard instead…

Again… thanks for all your help :slight_smile:

-S