WinDVD vs. PowerDVD the final showdown

I know this has been discussed previously. But since there have been recent improvements to both products, I would like to know what the current state of opinion is regarding which one is better WinDVD or PowerDVD. I am interested in playing both DVDs and BDs. Thanks in advance for any comments.

[QUOTE=Vrex;2113097]I know this has been discussed previously. But since there have been recent improvements to both products, I would like to know what the current state of opinion is regarding which one is better WinDVD or PowerDVD. I am interested in playing both DVDs and BDs. Thanks in advance for any comments.[/QUOTE]

For me I would stick with WinDVD but I have WinDVD 8 platinum not 9 BD version. I don’t see much benefit playing BD when there so many DVD currently out there. Plus the price of the player and BD media should be factored in the price of going BD as well. But for my money I would stay with WinDVD 9 BD if I was to purchase it but only when the BD burners come down to a affordable level. I myself used in the past tried PowerDVD but had to much problem with earlier version I switched to Windvd 8 plat at that time and haven’t looked back since.