WinDVD 7 doesn't open or play!

I tried the WinDVD 7 Trial version a few months back and I liked it, so I bought the Platinum version yesterday. I installed it, Activate it and then when I try to open the program it does nothing! The sand clock icon (the one that appears when your PC is loading something) appears for like a fraction of a second and that’s it, nothing else happens. If I put a DVD in it does the same thing, it just won’t play it. I tried uninstalling it, cleaning my registry but no go. I’m very close to re-installing Windows, but I would like to solve the problem without having to do so.

I’ve read about other people having the same problem, but no one has the solution.

I already sent the inquiry to Intervideo by using their Tech Support Request form. As soon as I get a reply I’ll post it.

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them.

I (and MANY other people) had the same problem. Some people even reinstalled the whole system - and then it worked for A WHILE. But if you look at version 6 you see it is a very basic software. PowerDVD provided a lot of WORKING features at this time already. So I think the best thing is to forget WinDVD. There is a lot of software around with great advertisement - but not many really working. I guess this is the last stroke of Intervideo… I would not waste a Cent… So ask for a refund. PowerDVD 7 cannot be so far away anymore. Sad that they have such an easy game…

I love WinDVD 7; I’ve had no problems with WinDVD 7 since I uninstalled CableNut. The sound distribution through my 5.1 speakers is awesome (way better than in PowerDVD IMO, which I had before WinDVD 7). It’s worth every penny to me ($50).

windvd always better in sound but in image quality, powerdvd much better so i use windvd for dvd music and powerdvd for dvd movie!

Have the right harware if you built your own system power dvd is the best I tried to play a movie on my laptop which has windvd and it wouldn’t detect it put in power dvd and worked fine. As far as the sound quality goes get a santa cruz or sounblaster card. I use soundblaster platium and it is awsome but for the money santa cruz cards do the same for less money.

You might have to install some plugins. Download the k-lite codec pack and see what happens, http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm otherwise check their website for updates.

What’s happening is this, WinDvd7’s trial has expired, when it tries to display the window it dies because it was written for Win98 MFC42.
To fix this is easy.
Open My Computer or Windows Explorer and navigate to where you installed WinDvd; usually C:\Program Files\Intervideo …
When you find WinDVD.exe, right click, properties, compatabilty.
Click Run This Program as Windows 98, OK.
Now when you start WinDVD, the expiration window will work.

• Steve

[QUOTE=spetragl;2572866]What’s happening is this, WinDvd7’s trial has expired, when it tries to display the window it dies because it was written for Win98 MFC42.
To fix this is easy.
Open My Computer or Windows Explorer and navigate to where you installed WinDvd; usually C:\Program Files\Intervideo …
When you find WinDVD.exe, right click, properties, compatabilty.
Click Run This Program as Windows 98, OK.
Now when you start WinDVD, the expiration window will work.

• Steve[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info but I don’t think the member is still looking for an answer after 5 years, it is a good idea to look at the date of the last post/reply before you respond to a thread.

Just to let you know I myself have done the same a few times :rolleyes:

Even old news can be good news.
You never know who might need this info.

[QUOTE=spetragl;2573184]Even old news can be good news.
[B]You never know who might need this info[/B].[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Yes I know tis why I said “Thank you for the info” :bigsmile:

BTW…Welcome to the forum :flower: