WindowsXP and Clone CD

I finally dished out $300.00 freakin bucks and bought WinXP Pro. Well anyways after such an investment like this i want to install it, back it up, and put away the actual CD and the box so that it never have to worry about scratching the original. My only question is how to back up my WinXP using CCD since i heard it was the best and saw that 4.2.0.1 just came out i decided why not give it a try. First off i only have 1 CDRW which is a Liteon 40/12/48 40125S. I want to first off make an image of the CD ( it can be iso or bin or w/e but i need it to be a physical file in my system that can be saved ) and save it in my computer and then burn a backup of it so i can put away the original and not have to worry about it.

1. How do i make an image of the CD ( it can be iso or bin or w/e but i need it to be a physical file in my system that can be saved ) and save it in my computer so i can burn a new one if i ever scratch the back up (i dont take care of my cds at all)
  2. How do i burn the image to a CD
  3. This will be my first time using CCD so please if i have to have certain options turned on or off please tell me ahead of time.
  4. What protection does this cd have?

Thank you very much guys.
Sincerely,
Eduardo

i dont think you need to do image file. just hit the copy icon (oo)

Thank you for replying but in my situation it is a must to have the image file. All i want is to install ( from the original) WinXP Pro and put both the CD and the box away from everyone because everyone in my family touches all my things. Then i want to have a backup copy for whenever i need to use the CD and the Image because i know my backup is bound to get ruined by someon so i can just easily burn a new one.
Thank you guys in advance.
Sincerely,
Eduardo

what version of ccd are u using?

Its in my first post : ) 4.2.0.1

Windows XP has no copy protection on it.
Start Clone CD
Press the first button - Read to image file
in the next window select the drive with the disc in it, click Next
Click on the “Data CD” icon and click next
Click browse and select a place to save the image file and click OK
in a few minutes you will have an image file of XP

And to burn the image select the second button - write from image file
Select your burner, click next
click Data CD and then next
Browse to the image file you saved and click open, then ok

ok missed that anyway i dont think xp has protection other than the xp activation but im not sure so ill tell u what to do in clone
put win xp in the drive
click the 1st icon read to image file
select ur reader(double click)
select game cd(double click)
no need to create a cue sheet unless u r going to use another program that uses them to burn a new copy(cdrwin fireburner etc)
hit browse if u want to change the folder were the image is saved(note clone will not make a 1 file image it is 3)
hit ok
when done put in blank and click 2nd icon write from image file
select writer(double click)
choose write speed slower the better
right click game profile and copy and rename right click the new profile u made click edit and go to weak sectors change to ignore click ok and then double click the profile u made
if u have 2 drives u can put win xp in one and the blank in the writer and select the 3rd icon on the main menu for copying disc to disc same options as before but all check copy on the fly

Originally posted by Cytomax
I finally dished out $300.00 freakin bucks and bought WinXP Pro.
I sincerely hope they weren’t US freakin bucks, otherwise I want the distribution rights in your country. XP Pro in Australia can be had for ~USD$150. Mine was AUD$299

it makes no difference really i was just making sure it copied and i wasnt sure if it was protected
yeh u can just use nero and it will be 1 iso file

Portmac: Thank you VERY much that was very helpful now for my last question. When i make the image file i get three files or four if i tell CCD to make a .cue. I get IMAGE.CCD i get IMAGE.img i get IMAGE.sub and ( if i select .cue) IMAGE.cue. I am guessing that the only reason i would want to make a .cue file is incase i want to burn using Nero Correct?

1. Why do i need 4 files… what does each one do?
  2. Can i burn it to a cdR not using CCD take for instance Nero that came with my Liteon?
  3. What and how would i burn it.
    Im sorry for all these question i just thought that the final product would have been a .iso or a .bin and .cue file. Im just trying to learn the ropes here : ) Thanks again.

UNCOGNITO: Thank you VERY much. I have just one question for you.

1. When writing the CD i get all the way to Edit and you tell me to put weak sectors to ignore. Now Weak Sectors is already on ignore BUT it is greyed out does that matter?
  2. Don’t repair SubChannel Data is also checked do i need to uncheck that?
  3. And if i may ask… whats the point of doing the copying? Is that making a shortcut for the next time that i wish to burn a copy all i have to do is click that button?

FutureProof: Yes i am sorry to say that is $300 US dollars.

Sincerely,
Eduardo

P.S. LOL never replied to 3 ppl in one post before!
I also deleted my fourth post the one that is similar to this one but it doesnt delete why?

1. i forgot that when u are in the u.s that option is not available as it breaks your copyright laws(it is for backing up games with safedisk2 protection but ur liteon is a 2 sheep burner so can copy safedisc 2 at the moment anyway not all burners can so that helps make a good copy
    2.that is fine
    3.thats just making a new profile they are for different protections
    so u dont need to set the options each time
    get clony to tell u what protection is on a disc u aree trying to copy
    http://gowap2002.free.fr/ClonyXXL_v2010us.zip
    i cant help with nero cause i only use it for data cds

.Cue was mainly used with CDRWin, you can edit things like Track length, size etc etc.

If you are using Clone CD, you should of just used the CDCopy button, used the default “Data” profile and select “copy”

You will end up with you CD, no image files, no mess.
Or, read the help file associated with Clone CD, its not much use comming here asking how to use a program where you have all the details in front of you.

Last but not least, you do not have the rights to delete posts. BUT you can edit them.
Just edit it to saying “Please delete this post mr Moderator Sir” and someone will remove it.

Originally posted by Cytomax
[B]Portmac: Thank you VERY much that was very helpful now for my last question. When i make the image file i get three files or four if i tell CCD to make a .cue. I get IMAGE.CCD i get IMAGE.img i get IMAGE.sub and ( if i select .cue) IMAGE.cue. I am guessing that the only reason i would want to make a .cue file is incase i want to burn using Nero Correct?

1. Why do i need 4 files… what does each one do?
  2. Can i burn it to a cdR not using CCD take for instance Nero that came with my Liteon?
  3. What and how would i burn it.
    Im sorry for all these question i just thought that the final product would have been a .iso or a .bin and .cue file. Im just trying to learn the ropes here : ) Thanks again.

UNCOGNITO: Thank you VERY much. I have just one question for you.

1. When writing the CD i get all the way to Edit and you tell me to put weak sectors to ignore. Now Weak Sectors is already on ignore BUT it is greyed out does that matter?
  2. Don’t repair SubChannel Data is also checked do i need to uncheck that?
  3. And if i may ask… whats the point of doing the copying? Is that making a shortcut for the next time that i wish to burn a copy all i have to do is click that button?

FutureProof: Yes i am sorry to say that is $300 US dollars.

Sincerely,
Eduardo

P.S. LOL never replied to 3 ppl in one post before!
I also deleted my fourth post the one that is similar to this one but it doesnt delete why? [/B]

UNCOGNITO:
What do u mean by saying that

1. "i forgot that when u are in the u.s that option is not available as it breaks your copyright laws

What copyright laws? Is this good or bad?

1. "it is for backing up games with safedisk2 protection but ur liteon is a 2 sheep burner so can copy safedisc 2 at the moment anyway not all burners can so that helps make a good copy "

What u mean by 2 sheep? You mean like on the CCD website when i tells u what kind of burner u have and what it is capable of?

Thanks in advance : )
Sincerely,
Eduardo

Cytomax, have you backed up your XP CD yet? Some of the foregoing has nothing to do with backing up an unprotected CD :wink:

Backing up winXp which is not protected at all should be an easy task in any program from clonecd, winoncd, nero, or even roxio easy cd creator. All of these programs have an option to keep an image file. I would suggest however you burn as low as 1x or 2x should you ever install from a pc with an older cd-rom drive and also because the pc boots off this cd. I noticed reading goes faster when burned at lower speeds.

Also if someone can verify or discard the following information I came across:
Burning at lower speeds produces more scratch resistent cd’s?
TRUE OR FALSE

If TRUE… why???

Originally posted by FutureProof
I sincerely hope they weren’t US freakin bucks, otherwise I want the distribution rights in your country. XP Pro in Australia can be had for ~USD$150. Mine was AUD$299

Yes, but your would have been the OEM copy. The full version usually costs around $400-500, but $300US still seems very high.

Originally posted by xtacydima
[B]Backing up winXp which is not protected at all should be an easy task in any program from clonecd, winoncd, nero, or even roxio easy cd creator. All of these programs have an option to keep an image file. I would suggest however you burn as low as 1x or 2x should you ever install from a pc with an older cd-rom drive and also because the pc boots off this cd. I noticed reading goes faster when burned at lower speeds.

Also if someone can verify or discard the following information I came across:
Burning at lower speeds produces more scratch resistent cd’s?
TRUE OR FALSE

If TRUE… why??? [/B]

FALSE, for sure there aint no way that could be possible.

cause i mean it aint doing anything with the surface of the cd-r, regaurdless of what speed you burn at.