Windows XP will not be able to see the LG CD-RW CED-80808 drive

Window will not be able to see the LG CD-RD CED-80808 drive after upgrading to Windows XP from Windows 98. LG CD-RW CED-80808 Properties showed “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (Code 39)”. Pls help me. Thanks

Originally posted by eddyw
Window will not be able to see the LG CD-RD CED-80808 drive after upgrading to Windows XP from Windows 98. LG CD-RW CED-80808 Properties showed “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (Code 39)”. Pls help me. Thanks

My CED-8080B works just fine in XP. I think the problem is the result of you upgrading from Win98 instead of doing a fresh install of WinXP. This is the reason why many people recommend fresh installs instead of upgrades–avoids typical Microsoft system file conflicts… So my suggestion would be to do a fresh install of XP. If that is not possible, try removing the drive, restarting, putting the drive back in, and restarting. Or uninstall your IDE drivers and reboot (WinXP will automatically re-install fresh IDE drivers after the reboot)…

There wouldn’t be the need for a re-install of Windows, but the best solution would be to uninstall the drive from Windows and restart. If all goes well it should re-detect it and install it correctly. If it doesn’t, well that a completely different problem;)

I have had the same driver problem for this model for months. finally found a solution tho.Thanks and credit to guy called StoNer
heres what u do.

first uninstall the hardware in your device manager.

then make a new notepad txt document and enter this into it.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
“UpperFilters”=-
“LowerFilters”=-

then save the text document as NoFilter.reg

right click NoFilter.reg and click Merge.

then restart your machine.

When u boot back up windows will reinstall the hardware and it should work correctly.

:bow:

:clap: This is an absloutly awsom fix to the registry. I have been battleing with my missing DVD and CD problems for a good day now until I saw this. This is absloutly amazing … This has worked for SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD - 616E and HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B .

Pure Genius … Many Thanks

:clap: