Windows XP users en masse switch to Windows 7

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows XP users en masse switch to Windows 7[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/07/myce-windows7-vs-windowsxp-july-2015-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Windows XP users have massively switched to Windows 7, according to market researcher Net Applications.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-xp-users-en-masse-switch-to-windows-7-76569/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-xp-users-en-masse-switch-to-windows-7-76569/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2756285]We’ve just posted the following news: Windows XP users en masse switch to Windows 7[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/07/myce-windows7-vs-windowsxp-july-2015-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-xp-users-en-masse-switch-to-windows-7-76569/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t require news reporting to know that was going to happen. Considering the W8 debacle…

The move to Windows 7 is surprising, the operating system has already been superseded by Windows 8.1.

Now this quote is laughable…“Superseded” more like SuperDud…

“The move to Windows 7 is surprising, the operating system has already been superseded by Windows 8.1.” Â Most likely because they can’t install Win 8 on their PC Â as M$ won’y allow it on many older PCs.Â

[QUOTE=paulw2;2756295]“The move to Windows 7 is surprising, the operating system has already been superseded by Windows 8.1.” Most likely because they can’t install Win 8 on their PC as M$ won’y allow it on many older PCs. [/QUOTE]

That’s the Microsoft secret…

This is to be fully expected as Win 8/81 are the same old junk repackaged and stiil a mess .Windows 7 is far better than Win 8 anyday!

The minute I saw 7 on my builder friends main test box I got a copy and installed it on a new server grade drive, been great for all these years and don’t miss XP at all, except for my old HP 990 printer that doesn’t support the extra features that work under XP. I use the virtual xp box when I need to check ink levels or use the better cleaning cycles.
Not going to use 8, might do 10 once I have something that supports my HD HomeRunPrime with cable card support under WMC, that 10 has abandoned.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2756332]The minute I saw 7 on my builder friends main test box I got a copy and installed it on a new server grade drive, been great for all these years and don’t miss XP at all, except for my old HP 990 printer that doesn’t support the extra features that work under XP. I use the virtual xp box when I need to check ink levels or use the better cleaning cycles.
Not going to use 8, might do 10 once I have something that supports my HD HomeRunPrime with cable card support under WMC, that 10 has abandoned.[/QUOTE]

I do know my trusty HP 8450 printer was able to install in Windows 7 even though the drivers for it stopped at XP but Windows 7 found and installed the drivers for it. Now that is what I call a good O/S that can do it work.

Windows 7 installed drivers for my HP C5280 but I wanted the HP Solution Center .
So I downloaded the package from HP.

On XP: I have it as the main OS on my old IBM which still has Windows 98 SE if I need it.

On my desktop I have XP Pro ,Vista & W7 HP 32-bit all on their own seperate harddrives.

On my laptop I have XP HP 32-bit on a separate partition but W7 HP 64-bit as the main OS. My only dual boot computer.
No plans to change any of that .

[QUOTE=cholla;2756367]Windows 7 installed drivers for my HP C5280 but I wanted the HP Solution Center .
So I downloaded the package from HP.

On XP: I have it as the main OS on my old IBM which still has Windows 98 SE if I need it.

On my desktop I have XP Pro ,Vista & W7 HP 32-bit all on their own seperate harddrives.

On my laptop I have XP HP 32-bit on a separate partition but W7 HP 64-bit as the main OS. My only dual boot computer.
No plans to change any of that .[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for me I had to let go of my XP pro and Vista Premium and go Windows 7 and haven’t thought much about XP or Vista lately.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2756383]Unfortunately for me I had to let go of my XP pro and Vista Premium and go Windows 7 and haven’t thought much about XP or Vista lately.[/QUOTE]

I will eventually have to give up Vista because it came OEM with my desktop. So when I get a new desktop I won’t have a Vista disk.

I can take XP Pro & Windows 7 though.

I used Vista just earlier this week.
MakeMKV works with Vista but not Windows 7 on my desktop.
I sent in the dump file MakeMKV wants but I haven’t got an email back yet.
I trying to be patient. After about two weeks I might lose some of that.

My desktop also came OEM with Vista (x64 Business) and while I had XP-pro(32 bit)
and vista installs on separate drives I wiped and repurposed those drives after SP1 came out for Windows7 and it had proved stable I saw no need to keep either setup available…

AD

It’s done by force anyway… Do they have a choice??? They have, but most are too lazy to use Linux.

I admit laziness is part of the reason I don’t use Linux .
I have used it a little to fix Windows at times.
One major reason is programs have to be found that work with Linux.
If they are even available.
Much easier to find for Windows.

[QUOTE=chef;2756395]It’s done by force anyway… Do they have a choice??? They have, but most are too lazy to use Linux.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cholla;2756401]I admit laziness is part of the reason I don’t use Linux .
I have used it a little to fix Windows at times.
One major reason is programs have to be found that work with Linux.
If they are even available.
Much easier to find for Windows.[/QUOTE]

As cholla notes… Program support Free/Paid is lacking in so many sections using it is more of a DIY then mainstream. Until Linux can become one Distro it will never be able to compete with MS or OSx.