Windows xp service pac 2

vbimport

hi i just put in the sp2 disk and tried to install it again it gets to the bit installing windows 34 minutes remaining and says hardware installation microsoft uaa function driver for high definition audio- realtek 880/860 has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp. then it asks me if i want to continue with a yes box and a no box but by the time this message comes up the mouse and keyboard dont work at this point but before they work until this message comes.

[QUOTE=darren1984;2151625]hi i just put in the sp2 disk and tried to install it again it gets to the bit installing windows 34 minutes remaining and says hardware installation microsoft uaa function driver for high definition audio- realtek 880/860 has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp. then it asks me if i want to continue with a yes box and a no box but by the time this message comes up the mouse and keyboard dont work at this point but before they work until this message comes.[/QUOTE]

What kinda keyboard and mouse do you have and how is it connected? Oh yeah get SP3 not SP2 ok. Sounds like the keyboard and mouse connectors are loose or not plugged all the way in. Did you check for loose connections? Where did you get or download the SP2 at? When you do get a SP update make sure you get the latest drivers for your hardware from the manufacture site as well not just from M$ site. I go with M$ site for their O/S but for drivers I go to their respectfuly manufacture sites.

If you are using USB keyboard/mouse make sure the options are proper selected in the BIOS.

By default the BIOS will hand off to the Operating System with PS/2 capabilities. No USB drivers are loaded for keyboard/mouse until the Operating System is fully installed.

Enabling these options in the BIOS provides keyboard/mouse functionality during the installation process.

[QUOTE=darren1984;2151625]hi i just put in the sp2 disk and tried to install it again it gets to the bit installing windows 34 minutes remaining and says hardware installation microsoft uaa function driver for high definition audio- realtek 880/860 has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp. then it asks me if i want to continue with a yes box and a no box but by the time this message comes up the mouse and keyboard dont work at this point but before they work until this message comes.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I had a problem like this on a windows xp and service pack2 clean install. If this is the case. I had to make something called a slipstream disk.
Here is some information on it.

http://www.simplyguides.net/guides/using_autostreamer/using_autostreamer.shtml

Hope this can help you.

Mr. Bill :slight_smile:

I had the same problem (xp install hang on windows logo testing because keyboard and mouse locked). I was using USB keyboard/mouse, but I couldn’t switch to non-USB because there aren’t any non-USB ports on the PC! I was using a standard USB mouse, but my keyboard was a non-USB that I’d plugged into a USB adapter. I swapped out the keyboard for a real USB keyboard, and that fixed the problem.

I know that doesn’t make any sense. Apparently windows install is fragile – who knew?

I guess the “fix” to this problem is to swap out your keyboard and/or mouse for something that they aren’t.

Russ