Windows XP region count reset?

Hi all,

my friend has a BenQ DW1650 that was recently flashed with the RPC1 BCHC firmware. However, the region counter has now locked down with no more changes possible. I googled for the info needed to reset the counter, but it is not entirely clear what steps are required, and in what order. Correct me if I’m wrong:

[ol]
[li]Start “regedt32”
[/li][li]Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ System\ CurrentControlSet\ Control\ Class\ <CDROM GUID>\ <instance number>\ DefaultDVDRegion (binary)”
[/li][li]Change “DefaultDVDRegion” to “0”
[/li][/ol]

The machine is running Windows XP with SP2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

alexandrino,

I have also a DW1650 and flashed it with TBD’s RPC1 BCFC firmware and I don’t have this problem.

GB

Hmmm, I’ll have to take a look at it when I visit him tomorrow. It currently has TDB’s BCHC. Perhaps I should revert to BCDC or BCFC.

Does yours work with DVD Shrink?

alexandrino,

I’ve searched the reg and found this:

a) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CONTROLSET001/ENUM/IDE/CdRomBenq_DVD_DD_DW1650_BCFC_/57434…/DeviceParameters/DefaultDVDRegion
DWORD Value - 0x00000004(4)

b)HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CONTROLSET003/ENUM/IDE/CdRomBenq_DVD_DD_DW1650_BCFC_/57434…/DeviceParameters/DefaultDVDRegion

c) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CONTROLSET/ENUM/IDE/CdRomBenq_DVD_DD_DW1650_BCFC_/57434…/DeviceParameters/DefaultDVDRegion

GB

alexandrino,

My DW1650 works with everything, DVDSrink, DVDDecrypter, AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, Nero7, and so on.

GB

Thank you very much, Gordon Banks, you’ve been very helpful! :smiley:

I’ll visit my friend tomorrow and post updates.

Update: installed DVD Region Killer 2.7.0.2, all is now well. Cheers! :slight_smile:

alexandrino,

Nice you have fixed it.

GB