Windows XP Professional password help

Can any one help with this big issue I have with my administrator’s password. I have 3 differnet user accounts 1. An administrator account, 2. My account, 3. A limeted account to see if the restrictions I have put in place work. The problem is that I have forgot my administrator’s account password becuase I have not used it for about 4 months. I am on a network of computers and you must have a user name a password to log on so there is no way for me to find out my administrators password, I can not get past the login screen. If any one nows a way to recover my administartors password, THANKS.

P.S In theas computers you can not insert a disc of any kind.

Thanks

What does this have to do with optical storage? :confused:

Sorry, I was not to sure were to put it.

Whats your Account? Wouldnt you have made it an Admin Account?

It is an admin accound but i need to get on to the main administrators account.

Hang on I just read your first post again. If your on a Network with 1 active Admin Account why cant you just reset your other accounts password?

What will you have done if you account was not an admin account.

Ask the admin to reset your password :confused:

Btw, if your account has admin priviledge, just reset the admin account and create new password.

This is a utility to (re)set the password of any user that has a valid (local) account on your NT system.
You do not need to know the old password to set a new one.
It works offline, that is, you have to shutdown your computer and boot off a floppydisk or CD. The bootdisk includes stuff to access NTFS and FAT/FAT32 partitions and scripts to glue the whole thing together.
Will detect and offer to unlock locked or disabled out user accounts!
It is also an almost fully functional registry editor!

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Sorry if I’m Getting Confused

OK Slowly this time: You Have 3 Accounts

1. Administrator - You are God
  2. Your Account? (Admin, Power User, Account Operator, Debugger User etc…)
  3. A standard I cant do anything User Account.

From My Novell Shattered memory I recall if you are an Admin (Acc 2.) You can go Run> gpedit.msc. The Management Console will pop Up. Look for the Users folder. Click on it, up will come the Accounts on the machine. Find your Admin Account(Acc 1.)> Hit Properties> In Properties is a ‘Reset Password’ Function - Use It.:slight_smile:

I just wanted to know what would you have done if you have forgot you administrators password and you had a limeted account.

I never have. (touch-wood) If I did however I would never consider cracking or using 3rd Party apps. I would ask a colleague to reset it for me, or even use my Terminal Services Admin Logon to reset it myself via Metaframe.

Besides, this information (If provided) could aid in malicious activities on any Windows XP system (School/Business/Etc.) :iagree:

I have the distinct feeling that you are not telling us the truth.
First you say you have an admin account and you lost your password. Then you ask what to do if it was a normal user account.

To be honest, if you cannot manage to solve this, I think you should not be a system admin at all.

If you are sincere, I’d come clean and ask someone else to reset the password for you. However, I have the feeling you are trying to do something that is at least not ethical, perhaps even illegal. Therefore I will close this thread.