Windows XP more vulnerable to malware

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows XP more vulnerable to malware[newsimage]http://static.myce.com/images_posts/newsitem_small.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-xp-more-vulnerable-to-malware-69338/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It is a modest try from Microsoft Marketing Team.
Seems not too many rush to upgrade to higher versions of Windows.
Well, well, well…profit makes the world go round.

[QUOTE=Ulenspiegel;2706591]It is a modest try from Microsoft Marketing Team.
Seems not too many rush to upgrade to higher versions of Windows.
Well, well, well…profit makes the world go round.[/QUOTE]

You cannot realize that is contradictory?

You said profits. You said not too many upgrade. How can the two happen at once? Wanna answer they are greedy but idiotic so cannot make profits when the only thing they want is profit? That has been the standard line for more than 20 years and failure to predict correctly ever makes you always a little more angry. None of you will admit you were wrong.

“Windows8” and “profit” being discussed in the same topic brings to mind the South Park Episode about Underpants Gnomes.

Season 2 Episode 17 titled “Gnomes”
< http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s02e17-gnomes >

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2706808]You cannot realize that is contradictory?
You said profits. You said not too many upgrade. How can the two happen at once? [/QUOTE]

I will make an attempt to explain my post to you.

There are still many users who did not upgrade their Win XP >>> Microsoft needs more profit >>> Microsoft states that Win XP is more vulnerable to malware >>> Win XP users get scared and buy an upgrade >>> Microsoft gets more profit.

The rest of your post was indecypherable.

Ulenspiegel, I basically just told myself the exact same thing. In the past, I used to assume that scareware (like most malware) was only made by small-time hackers looking to steel people’s identity. These days, Microsoft insists acting more like malware writers with each new product. It’s sad to see that they’ve even resorted to scareware.

Linux is a 20year old os …
I’m curious about the Malware infection rate …

I guess it’s not directly comparable, because Linux is typically used by the Technically savvy which know better than to click suspicious attachments in emails from random people that they don’t know.

Android, based on Linux, has had a few security vulnerabilities, but once again, if was non technical people providing root access to programs that they downloaded from non-official sites to avoid paying the associated charges.

Yeah, MS like to sell Win8 and say how dangerous XP is in this time.

But how bad is it when you don´t use this old IE in XP?

I try Linux almost every year and still I don´t like it. It is “more secure” because nobody tries to hack a Desktop-OS with only 1,5% market-share. And, If you are like me and often changes some deep-in-functions in your OS you have to type in the root-password infinity.

These both reasons for “Linux-Secure” make me disgusting :frowning:

I am not a fan of MS marketing policy. Some months ago I bought a high-end gamer PC for my son. I was about to install my legal Windows when to my surprise it turned out that the PC had Windows already installed. Of course it was a trial version. Again I was about to give it a “format c:”, but before decided to go through some Forums. My hand halted in da air. No “format c:” To cut the long story short: the only alternative was to buy a key. Do I have to say that the price was high for a simple key. Do I have to say that this key works only for this PC…

Why not download a Linux iso and repartition the hdd how you wanted, regardless of windows?

Is that statistic due to the fact that Windows XP is 6x more popular than Windows 8?

[QUOTE=debro;2707267]Is that statistic due to the fact that Windows XP is 6x more popular than Windows 8?[/QUOTE]

Touché!
(Win XP was not/is not limited to one PC). :iagree:

[QUOTE=Ulenspiegel;2706944]I will make an attempt to explain my post to you.

There are still many users who did not upgrade their Win XP >>> Microsoft needs more profit >>> Microsoft states that Win XP is more vulnerable to malware >>> Win XP users get scared and buy an upgrade >>> Microsoft gets more profit.

The rest of your post was indecypherable.[/QUOTE]

Are you insisting Microsoft has never before said each of their new browsers and operating systems more secure?

Microsoft did get more profits each time?

You are implying Microsoft has done certain things to make profits for Windows 8 more and higher. So why is the result different?

You are implying customers of Windows operating systems prefer Windows XP to Windows 8 and Windows 7 to Windows 8. Microsoft should have NOT released new OS to maximize profits? Microsoft doing the very thing to minimize profits for Windows 8.1 in order to create the impression it is doing that to increase profits?

If someone buys Windows 8 believing it is 10x or 100x more secure than Windows XP, why didn’t you? Because you are smarter than the rest of Windows XP users? Or, because you are smarter than the average Windows 8.1 users?

The rest of your post was indecypherable.

Most of what you post are thoroughly self-contradictory. You just make them louder and louder.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2707288]Are you insisting Microsoft has never before said each of their new browsers and operating systems more secure?
Microsoft did get more profits each time?
You are implying Microsoft has done certain things to make profits for Windows 8 more and higher. So why is the result different?
You are implying customers of Windows operating systems prefer Windows XP to Windows 8 and Windows 7 to Windows 8. Microsoft should have NOT released new OS to maximize profits? Microsoft doing the very thing to minimize profits for Windows 8.1 in order to create the impression it is doing that to increase profits?
If someone buys Windows 8 believing it is 10x or 100x more secure than Windows XP, why didn’t you? Because you are smarter than the rest of Windows XP users? Or, because you are smarter than the average Windows 8.1 users?
Most of what you post are thoroughly self-contradictory. You just make them louder and louder.[/QUOTE]

1. I won’t make another attempt to explain the main idea of my post. Just a basis for a thought: [B]you are the only one here who failed to absorb the logic[/B].

2. May I draw your attention to the fact that being vulnerable to malware [B]does not depend merely on the OS you use[/B]. This threat is affected by many criteria, i.e. by protection you use (firewall, anti-virus, anti-malware software etc.) and the habit of using the Internet (sites visited, downloaded content etc.).

3. Getting personal in a debate will lead nowhere. Whether I am smarter than others, is irrelevant in this respect. On the other hand realizing what is behind statistics (Win XP popularity over Win 8) is a must for a thoughtful person.

Oh, I almost forgot, I have the pleasure to inform you that I never get loud in a debate. Neither here nor IRL. I hope, I did not upset you.

There wasn’t any logic in your posts, just wrong arrays of words.

Who said anything about malware?

Since starting to use your current account name Ulenspiegel on 27-10-2013, you’ve been extremely personal towards virtually everyone.

[QUOTE=Ulenspiegel;2707293]Oh, I almost forgot, I have the pleasure to inform you that I never get loud in a debate. Neither here nor IRL. I hope, I did not upset you.[/QUOTE]

You are always louder than anyone else. Likes of you cannot upset me. Perhaps the existence of several thousands of you at once on this forum would, but this site no more attracts so many once.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2707313]There wasn’t any logic in your posts, just wrong arrays of words.[/QUOTE]

This comment is not surprising. If you do not understand something, it is natural that you see only a flow of words. No problem. Take your time.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2707313]Who said anything about malware?[/QUOTE]

May I remind you that the thread is called: “Windows XP more vulnerable to malware”. Thus, the discussion was/is about the correlation of OS and malware. I am sorry that it evaded your attention.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2707313]Since starting to use your current account name Ulenspiegel on 27-10-2013, you’ve been extremely personal towards virtually everyone.[/QUOTE]

I would be grateful, if you could provide examples of me being “[I]extremely[/I] personal towards virtually [I]everyone[/I]”. Getting personal means “involving rude or upsetting criticism of someone” (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English). I hope that helps.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2707313]You are always louder than anyone else. Likes of you cannot upset me. Perhaps the existence of several thousands of you at once on this forum would, but this site no more attracts so many once.[/QUOTE]

There must be something wrong with your virtual receptors. The rest of your comment is a “no comment” category. Sometimes it helps to look in the mirror and if it reflects the real picture and not Einstein who is looking back than you are good to go.

Moderation:
Enough bickering gentlemen. Unless you have a pertinent comment on the vulnerabilities of XP vs the more modern systems from Microsoft, I’d suggest leaving this thread.