Windows XP & Micro (dis)Advantage

I have a Micro Advantage Drive, a DVD±RW / CD-RW Superdrive, model 8DVDRW-B13. When I initially purchased the machine a year ago, I had Win98 installed due to some software I was using. I was copying/burning DVD’s and Cd’s with little to no problem, except copy protected items. I had the local PC dude who I bought the machine off of to upgrade the RAM, upgrade to XP and install an ATI All-In-Wonder 9200 card. After 2 weeks he said it was up and running. Since then, I have had nothing but problems with the drive. I have wasted tons of DVD’s, the few things I have got a complete burn on won’t work in other cpu’s or doesn’t recognize the disks. And I can’t even get the drive to recognize PC CD-roms. I have tried several different PC gams CDROMS that I know work in other people’s systems, to no avail. Also, except for the monitor that’s plugged into the card, nothing else on the ATI AIW card works. I’ll worry about that later, but my main concern is the drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

You need to find out what rebag it is! Micro did not make drives! Once you figure that out / go to that forum and find the files to cross flash your drive!

check!

1. bios settings and bios update
  2. device manager IDE settings=DMA/auto
  3. MOBO site for new drivers
  4. Cable
  5. Jumpers
  6. try it on an IDE cable by its self
  7. make it a master
  8. Chuck it in the can and get a new drive at Newegg for $38 shipped today!=first choice BTW!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=129517