Windows XP and my cdrw problem

vbimport

My laptop has a dvd drive, but it doesn't burn discs. When I got the computer it had ezcd4 on it, realizing that I didn't have a burn drive I removed ezcd4. I believe this messed my registry up and now, when I go into, "My Computer" and doubleclick the cd drive icon, no matter what is in the drive it just opens another window to "My Computer".

What gives?

I found a fix on Windows' help site that says I need to remove high and low filter values from the registry in a certain key for it to work. I went in and found the proper key, no high or low filter values in there though. Go figure.

I can play burned movies, and play games on it, but the annoying part is that when I put a cd in that I burned on my desktop, say to move an episode of a tv show from one comp to another, it won't let me do anything. I have to copy and paste the entire contents of the drive to the laptops hard drive. I wind up with a folder called "d drive: new folder"

Any help would be great, thanks.

did you remove or uninstall ez-cd ?

if not done a proper uninstall this could leave various .ocx , .dll and registry keys and can be quite a pain to delete all the annoying ones (especially when they’re linked or have cool keys like ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP-QRST)

one remedy can be to actually reinstall it and uninstall it via the proper way