Windows Vista's 'Mac'-Ness Might Open Door for Linux Takeover

vbimport

A number of unique consolidations are happening in the industry just as Microsoft is trying to get a buzz going about Vista.

The timing couldn’t be better, but there are bound to be numerous shake-outs and a few collapses. And Microsoft looks vulnerable, too.

Story:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,246401,00.html

:cool: :cool:

Windows may lose some ground to Linux, but it will be a long time (if ever) before Linux (in any flavor) catches up to M$.

I aced Linux when I took it in college last year and I can honestly say…I PERSONALLY HATE LINUX!!! :Z

P.S. I got my a$$ kicked in Anatomy & Physiology 1 (Bs suck). :bigsmile: / At least the next semester went better! :stuck_out_tongue:

_

Depends on what you call a long time. Linux in it’s present form is not mainstream user friendly. That’s why the article stated that if your going to do anything, now is the time. Linux will progress and change from it’s present form. We just have to wait and see. :slight_smile:

:cool: :cool:

I also hate linux …

At some point in time, the programmers guiding the development of linux have to realise that installing drivers & programs needs to be a simple operation, not the Hellish, behemoth task that it often is.

It’s fine that Linux is designed for advanced users, but I draw the line at 4hrs of tracking dependencies, incompatible dependency versions and downloading between online repositories and installation disks only to find that the DPMS implementation is incompatible certain hardware, but the problem has been identified and is expected to be fixed at the next release of the Xserver!

Worse … the screensavers cause the Xserver to hang due to opengl issues with the default video driver, not to be found out, until you’re away from the PC …

Mac is the extremity of order … nearly all systems are the same.
Windows provides automation and a standard software platform, despite a myriad of hardware.
Linux is the chaos, both hardware & software.