Windows vista

vbimport

Norton security say that i have got a problem with some thing called a Root\pcouffin\0000 wich is disabled.I have no idea what they are talking about or how to find it etc. As I am computre literate can anyone help me with this one please.
Regards. hungatedave:confused:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Sounds like the Patin-Couffin driver, used in DVDFab or VSO software (ConvertXtoDVD etc) - what does it say about the problem?

[QUOTE=hungatedave;2498242]Norton security say that i have got a problem with some thing called a Root\pcouffin\0000 wich is disabled.I have no idea what they are talking about or how to find it etc. As I am computre literate can anyone help me with this one please.
Regards. hungatedave:confused:[/QUOTE]

I say dump that problem like a plague…what it found should tell you how bad it is a program in finding what it should find as problem and not what problems it should create. Get a better or free A/V program that is more reliable then to find something like that. Also do as MOD says check if you have dvdfab or convertx2dvd installed or properly uninstalled so it doesn’t leave residue programs behind and also use CCleaner to clean your computer of temp and temp install files so they aren’t there anymore if the program is gone.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2498245]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Sounds like the Patin-Couffin driver, used in DVDFab or VSO software (ConvertXtoDVD etc) - what does it say about the problem?[/QUOTE]
Norton says. “You may want to configure these hard wear devices. Run device manager to properly configure hardwear devices.” ( I meant to say that I am NOT very computer literate)
Regards
hungatedave

Do you have DVDFab or ConvertXtoDVD installed (or any other burning/ripping programs)?

If so, it might be worth updating to the latest versions - I’ve never had my AV/security software choke on the Patin-Couffin driver before, and I run both ConvertXtoDVD and DVDFab Platinum.

Same here I have convertx2dvd with my avira A/V and don’t get that message maybe if it still does that after updates then time to wipe clean norton and get a better A/V that detects Virus and not drivers other legit programs needs to run.