Windows Vista Update

this is just a heads up that an update for vista sometimes messes with your PC, i left mine on last night and today the OS was just hanging, i rebooted and windoze was, well, dozey, the curser was not responsive at all.

my PC manufacturer has a forum for tech support and there a good few thats got problems.

a boot to safe mode and a system restore to the 7th cured the problems.

unsure which one it was, but the update came out on the 8th or 9th, but auto-update is now switched off.

anybody else had this problem

OS=VHP

[QUOTE=Bjproc;1973695]this is just a heads up that an update for vista sometimes messes with your PC, i left mine on last night and today the OS was just hanging, i rebooted and windoze was, well, dozey, the curser was not responsive at all.

my PC manufacturer has a forum for tech support and there a good few thats got problems.

a boot to safe mode and a system restore to the 7th cured the problems.

unsure which one it was, but the update came out on the 8th or 9th, but auto-update is now switched off.

OS=VHP[/QUOTE]

I had 6 updates last night and my laptop is still running fine. Must be your line of laptop. But be a hardware bug in your laptop.

i’ve a tower PC, but it could be hardware?, because there some people came back and said theres was ok with the update

I updated 7 including security updates. I have had no problems. I think it could be a issue with your system. Remember update tech. sup. is always free and they can help. But just in case you will need to delete all your updates in your programs folder. Once this is done you can retry the scan and update again.

[quote=Bjproc;1973695] the curser was not responsive at all.
[/quote]

Actually yes.

However I replaced the batteries in my mouse and everything was good again. However did happen just after updating. I didn’t reboot straight away because I was doing a few other things at the time.

Also did anyon notice there Windows Rating improve. Mine seems to have increased for no reason.

just to let you know, my system is only 6 days old.

i had about a 1 to 2 second lag with the curser, like playing call of duty on dial up :bigsmile:

i might install 1 update at a time to see which one it is

I updated last night and have no problems

Information I read from another site …
[B]Comodo v3 Firewall blocking January 2008 Vista updates[/B]

i use zonealarm for a firewall, but there has been a guy with the same problem, he restored his PC, then installed them 1 at a time, the culprit is KB943899

Updated VHP with no probs so far…

[QUOTE=Bjproc;1973879]just to let you know, my system is only 6 days old.

i had about a 1 to 2 second lag with the curser, like playing call of duty on dial up :bigsmile:

i might install 1 update at a time to see which one it is[/QUOTE]

Check your RAM timing in the CMOS