Windows vista dvd oem copy : how?

vbimport

hi.
i have original dvd of vista oem.
I have tried to copy for backup with nero and alcohol.
Copy go ok.
But at 50% of installation, windows don’t find the files necessary for installation.
I have tried all 2 dvd’s, but not go,.
With the original dvd, all ok.
windows vista dvd is copy protect °?
and, how i copy dvd to dvd ?
Thanks at all.

First what DVD-R’s are you using? What version of Alcohol and Nero? What is your DVD Burner? What are your system specs.

hi.
dvd+r verbatim
burner lg
alcohol last 1.9.6.4719
my pc: windows xp sp2, intel core2 6800, 2gb ram etc.
Please help.
i have tried also with nero ultra last edition.

Try copying Windows Vista with 1Click DVD Copy 4.1 not 4.2 or 5 but an old version on the net. I tried to copy it with an old version and it was a success.
when promped with exact copy say “yes” and bingo. Hope this helps.

How?? It seems that 1CLICK is only for dvd MOVIES. The start button is grayed out and it says “The Source disk is not a movie DVD…”

Every burning suite (nero, imgburn, disc juggler,…) should be able creating a copy of your windows vista disc as they’re not copy protected. Get quality media don’t copy on the fly and use the right speed for your media and you should be fine.

p.s. Thread moved as this is not a copy protection problem.

I wonder why someone would make a copy of that INSTALLATION disc?
Normally you only need it ONCE, and not more often.

I had to make copies of my Vista Ultimate install disc (Schools licence, 1 media and 40+ codes for staff to use at home).

I used Nero and just performed a disc copy which has work correctly on every single copy so far. The disc is in a UDF format (possibly hybrid iso udf) but the disc format does not matter when doing a disc to disc copy.

OK, was just wondering. :wink:

There is high level security on the vista cd’s. Try using clonyXL to see exactly what protection there is and then google for software to get around that particular type of protection

ClonyXXL hasn’t been updated for years I recommend reading this thread. The CD/DVD itself won’t be protected maybe you’re talking about the key protection, activation, DRM methods…?

wow, this thread has had a lot of views.

Do you think there might be a … “Microsoft-made” copy protection, not added to databases in copy protection finding programs? Well not yet, anyways :wink:

I tried to do a back up with Nero, but it just keeps coming up with an error about a single file being bigger than 1gb and it can’t create a bootable disk with a single file of this size.

Any ideas? it seems people have not been getting this problem?

Cheers!

[quote=socngill;2026185]I tried to do a back up with Nero, but it just keeps coming up with an error about a single file being bigger than 1gb and it can’t create a bootable disk with a single file of this size.

Any ideas? it seems people have not been getting this problem?

Cheers![/quote]
Is your partition a FAT or NFTS.

NTFS. I didn’t realise that made an difference? It just seems strange that it won’t let me copy the disk becuase a single file is to big. Surely it must have got on the original disk some how…?

It said something about being too big for the standard?

The disc needs to be UDF format.

But if you have the original disc just do a disc copy and not a file copy, this gets around the problems of long files etc as it copies the information on the disc and not single files.

Yes, there is a nice large 4GB file on the disc that will cause a few problems, ISO disc format cannot support the file as its to large and I dont think Nero can make a UDF bootable disc.

Cheers qwakrz.

I shall have another go over the weekend. If Nero won’t do this, do you know what software will?

Thanks again.

Have you tried CloneCD yet

No, but I’ll give it a go. Is that Slysoftware? I thought that was only copying Movies? I use there AnyDVD software and it’s fantastic - so I expect their other stuff to be as well.

Thanks again.

Edit - scrath that - I was thinking of CloneDVD! Will give Clone CD a go.