Windows Vista disc Tray Not Opening Up?

hi i am having trouble opening up my windows dvd disc drive.Now i burn tons and tons of dvds and then all of a sudden it stopped working for some unknown reason?Now ive asked for some help on another website and their suggestion didnt work.i am hoping someone here could help me out cause i would like not to have to take my laptop to the store because the last time i did i got my laptop back all scratched!Now also when i am able to get it open and ive put the disk in it doesnt even read the disc anymore and i dont see the orange light coming on?I hope someone can give me some help on this thank you for everyone’s time.

does anyone have at least any suggestion on what could help me fix my problem please?

Have you tried uninstalling the drive in Device Manager then rebooting and let Windows reinstall it?

no i havent i didnt even know you could do that.is it easy to do?

Yes.

i didnt see the device manager in the unistall or change program on my vista?

Start/Control Panel/ System and Maintenance (or System if classic view)/Device Manager.

[QUOTE=DL/24/7;2241076]hi i am having trouble opening up my windows dvd disc drive.Now i burn tons and tons of dvds and then all of a sudden it stopped working for some unknown reason?Now ive asked for some help on another website and their suggestion didnt work.i am hoping someone here could help me out cause i would like not to have to take my laptop to the store because the last time i did i got my laptop back all scratched!Now also when i am able to get it open and ive put the disk in it doesnt even read the disc anymore and i dont see the orange light coming on?I hope someone can give me some help on this thank you for everyone’s time.[/QUOTE]

How old is your system, dvd drive model, and what apps are you using to burn with?

my computer is still practically brand new i got it like 2 summers ago i use many different programs to burn with i use nero,imageburn and ulead dvd moviefactory.im not sure what the dvd drive model is how do i find that out?

Nero should tell you what the drive is.

ok i think i have it but im not positive if this is the correct information you where talking about TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D ATA Device

is this the right information you needed?The other thing is if i unistall the drive how do i reinstall it?

ok i just unistalled my driver and it reinstalled it self after i restarted the computer but the disc tray is still not reading anything and still wont open when i push the button on the side and i have to keep opening it up manually.

Does anybody have any other suggestion or thoughts that could help me please???